Chapter Fifteen: Truce... For now. [unedited]

DRACO

I walk, tired, back to my common room, and freeze, staring at Granger, who is sleeping on one of the sofas.

She is pretty- anyone can tell. Her chest rises and falls as she breathes softly, and when I realize what I have just thought, I breathe, "Merlin's beard."

Malfoy?" She mumbled blearily.

"That's right, Granger," I reply. "The one and only."

"What- what are you doing?" She yawns, obviously tired.

"What do you think I'm doing?" I retort, suddenly feeling reckless and picking her up.

"Um..."

"That's right. Now shut it." I open her door and walk inside.

"You're- you're not allowed inside here," She protests weakly.

"Who says?"

"I do."

"Whatever."

"You're not yourself," she says slowly.

"Who says?" I ask for the second time.

"I do," Granger replies. "And the Malfoy I know wouldn't bring me to my bed, let alone pick me up. I thought I disgusted you, as I'm a so called 'Mudblood.'"

Her face is alert, even though she is tired, and although her voice is drousy, she stares at me with a look as piercing as Dumbledore's.

"Well, maybe you don't know me," I reply, my voice filled with sadness. So this is what everyone thinks of me... this is what she thinks of me.

"Maybe..." She yawns again. "Maybe this year I can get to know you better."

I've already done so many things today, it wouldn't hurt, would it?

As I lower her down, I reply, "Maybe I can."

She closes her eyes, and I resist the urge to brush the tendril of hair away from her face.

I leave hurriedly, stumbling down to the sofas to think.

Get a grip on yourself, Malfoy. She's worth a hundred of you... You're not even worth it.

But maybe I could change, I argue.

You're lying to yourself. You're a Death Eater and you will always be a Death Eater.

I never really was one in the first place.

The fact that you never even stood up to the Dark Lord shows who you really are. A coward.

A coward.

A coward.

A coward.

I stay awake for more hours, unable to sleep as my conscience will not allow it.

When I finally fall asleep, I am awoken by a noise behind me.

A stunning brunette stands there, looking unbelievably beautiful.

This is just a hallucination, I assure myself, and so enjoy the dream as it lasts. "Why, hello there, beautiful," I say as seductively as possible.

"Malfoy?" the brunette asks.

"That's right, sugar," I reply, wondering why she looks so... disgusted. I mean, I'm pretty sure that even though I'm hated in real life, in a dream that wouldn't be so.

"Malfoy, I don't think you're in your right mind."

"And why's that?" I want to ask the girl to say my first name, not liking the way she says my surname, but I never get the chance.