Chapter 25: To Love Again

HAPPY SEPTEMBER 7TH!!!!! Or, more commonly known as LABOR DAY!!!
To celebrate I have an early chapter for you! Yes, an early chapter! And don't worry, there'll still be one on Friday :D
Read and enjoy!
Don't forget to comment and vote if you liked it :)

____________________

HERMIONE

I land hard.

I'm in the village again. Everything is exactly the same as when I left it - only, the sky is lighter than it should be and it's loud, deafeningly loud. Wizards and witches are moving around the houses, but they stop as I stand up, hands curled stiffly.

Sapphire Donovan strides up to me, her robes billowing out and her face hard. "Where were they?" she demands immediately.

"Where what?" I ask in mock confusion. Dread pools in my stomach as I remember Ron lying motionless on the ground. And Harry could have...

"You know, don't you?" she snarls, gripping her wand. "You put us all in danger."

Just then, the dragons puffs out smoke, making me wince and open up my hands slightly. Her eyes instantly dart down and her mouth opens out in an 'o', her face pale and angry.

It spreads its wings and hits my fingers.

A wave of tiredness spreads through my body as the spell's effects combined with the loss of adrenaline make me sway. I drop my hands and the miniature dragon hits the ground, looking up at us with what I swear is an expression of disgust. It flies up, towards the forest but a red ray of light - a Stunning Spell - hits it and it drops down.

I hear the murmuring of the wizards. A single Stun brought it down.

Sapphire opens her mouth, her blue eyes blazing harder, before I shake my head impatiently. The remaining snow on my clothes has melted and left me soaking wet and not in the mood for talking.

I hear footsteps and then Harry's green eyes are staring straight into my mine.

"Hermione..." he begins.

I listen to him angrily and despairingly rant about how foolish I was and how I shouldn't have even gone after it. His lightning bolt seems to have scrunched up as his eyebrows are so narrowed. Annoyance cuts through me. No one understands. I just want to be left alone right now.

Though I also want to be with Dr -

I slice that thought down and tilt my head towards Harry.

"Where's Ron?"

He pauses in the middle of a sentence. "In the infirmary, but - "

"Talk to you later," I say hastily, sparing a glance at the Chinese Fireball. Two witches have approached and cautiously levitated it up, bringing it somewhere. "She's not to be harmed," I call loudly, my voice strong. They give me no more than a second glance, but as they see Harry standing next to me, one of them nods jerkily. Then they hurry away.

"Hermione, you can't just walk away from this - "

I turn to Harry, eyes fierce. "I'm not walking away," I say quickly. "We'll talk later, okay? I really need to see Ron right now."

His face softens before giving a single nod.

"Remember that you're the one who put them in danger."

That snooty comment came from Sapphire.

I smile to her as politely as possible. I understand her annoyance but I don't have time to deal with this. Then I turn my back on her and hurry off.