Aunt Alys

The manor was tall and cryptic standing alone on the hill. But soon after came the village, lively and friendly unlike the Whore Town. The passenger was making the horse move as fast as he could without causing the horse to panic. The horse knew something had happened and was spooked. The people of the village did not glare at them but were surprised by how rushed they were. Soon the passenger had stopped in front of a house that was the brightest shade of blue and could be seen from anywhere.

"I will be right back!" He said as he ran into the building and quickly returned with the man whom Cedany assumed was the doctor. They came around the side of the wagon and quickly took Rowan from it. He was still unconscious and had a weak pulse but Cedany was relieved to see him getting help. She quickly followed the men in to the house. The house was a maze of many doors and Cedany has to make quick steps to catch up. She followed the men in to a clinic room with a medical table in the middle. They laid him down gently and the doctor immediately set to work. As he worked, he asked questions about how Rowan had been injured and the passenger came up with a lie saying they had been hunting in the woods because they were traveling and he did not see Rowan and was taking a shot at something he saw and it was Rowan he had shot. Moreover, they rushed to the nearest place and that is why they were there.

Cedany could barely believe that a total stranger was covering for them but to her is seemed as if he were covering also for himself. The doctor had plunged a needle full of drugs into Rowan's arm and began to cut away at the skin near the arrow's shaft. Cedany flinched at the sight of the scalpel but not the blood that seemed to keep flowing. Cedany watched at Rowan was cut open before her eyes.

"Get her out of here." The doctor snapped to the passenger, who escorted Cedany out. He led her towards the open area of the home that would have normally been a living room but now a waiting room. He settled into one of the large leather chairs and propped his feet up on the small wooden coffee table. His boots dropping a little dirt on to the table but he did not notice it. He was looking intently at Cedany's face. She had removed the bonnet and had begun to rebraid her long hair that had come undone and was a mess while trying to aid Rowan.

"You remind me of someone." The stranger said. He had crossed his arms over his chest and silver glinted on his wrist in the sunlight.

Cedany just stared at the man and continued to braid her hair. The doctor had yet to emerge from the clinic room and Cedany was nervous. She and Rowan definitely had some things that they needed to work out but she did not wish for anything like this to happen.

"You remind me of my sister back home. She looks just like you and seems to act the same way." It brought déjà vu to Cedany who thought he looked like Bryce. He was hinting at something and she knew it from his voice. His hazel eyes seemed to shine bright in the dim light.

"What is your name?" They asked each other at the same time. Both looked at each other waiting one of them to speak. Cedany knew if it Bryce he would allow her to go first but then interrupt her by saying what he wanted. She opened her mouth to begin and before she could even say the first syllable, he opened his mouth.

"My name is Bryce Stonestone. I am from the village of Aredenia just south of Harragot's woods on the rive Doobiy." Cedany's heart fluttered as she looked at her brother. "Who are you my dear?"

"Bryce... I thought I would never see you again!" She flung herself at her brother who was caught by surprise. Cedany clung to Bryce as if he would disappear through her fi

He held her close for a few minutes before speaking. He did not trust his voice, as he knew it would break under happiness.

"Cedany? My darling sister?" He brought his hand to her face and cupped her cheek. He stared into her eyes with undying brotherly devotion. His hazel eyes filled with unshed tears.