When Water Turns to Ice

Guys, I want to thank Diebitch for the awesome cover! Its amazing!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bryce stared into the eyes of his lover; they shined like millions of tiny silver stars. Her soft laughter made her eyes shine brighter than the sun. Her silver hair like sparkling stardust. He could lose himself in her beauty forever, especially her lips so pink and full. Moreover, she couldn't live without him. It had been a month since he had come to Porpole and ordered a prostitute and she had been chosen to be with him.

He looked around the small Inn room that he had been renting it was nothing spectacular. It was a small room, barely enough for two people. There was only one straw bed and if Bryce listened closely, he could hear bed bugs crawling underneath him. The room smelt of old ale and moldy sweat, and then walls cracked from floor to ceiling. However, to him, it now became the most special places in the world. No matter how discouraging its appearance may be.

"Bry, what is the matter?" She whispered softly, her fingers rubbing circles around his bellybutton, causing him to break out into a strong fit of laughter. Bryce's thoughts were on his family and how they would consider his situation. Cidra was considered a whore because of her family background, coming from a family of all girls and because infertility ran in her family, she was deemed useless to the society. He, however, loved her. Bryce knew that he couldn't leave her here knowing that another man could take her to be his and that he would never see her again. He didn't let his thoughts get the best of him so he smiled and held her close to him.

"Nothing Cid," He kissed her lips. Her face was flushed pink and her heart fluttered uncontrollably but she didn't believe him, she felt that he was holding something back from her.

"Bryce, I know you aren't being absolutely honest with me, so please, tell me." Her eyes full of purpose and her mind swirling with crazy thoughts. Bryce looked into her eyes and knew he had to speak her thoughts. She held his heart and he bent to her every whim and pleasure.

Bryce took a deep breath before he began, "Cidra... How do I put this?"

"How do you put what?" Her voice was wavering and her eyes watering. His heart broke at the site of her upset. His heart skipped a beat but he knew exactly what he had to say.

"I love you." Those three little words were changed his world. He starred at Cidra waiting for a reply and the only thing he got was a panicked look on her face. The only thing that escaped her lips was his name.

"Bryce!" She said loudly, each time she said it came louder and more scared. Then came the swatting and Bryce found himself fading into the dark, only hearing his lover's painful cries. In addition, feeling the grasping and clawing of the sheets around him.

He woke up in the Inn, the room dark and cold. The window to his left was wide open allowing the city's cold night air in. He struggled to his, his mind still groggy with sleep. As he was walking through the crammed, cheap room, he didn't notice its disheveled, unkempt looking. He didn't notice till he put his hands on the window sill and glass pierced the skin of his palm.

"Shit!" He gasped as he pulled the sharp shard of glass from his palm; it was covered in slick, red blood. He scrambled around the room looking for a candle to light. He finally found it and lit it, the room was suddenly illumination. He saw the bed empty and she was gone. And on the floor was a pair of silver handcuffs.

"Cidra?" He turned in a circle, looking into the darkest corners of the room. She wasn't anywhere to be seen. He called her name several times before beginning to panic. She was gone, he couldn't have saved her, and the only clue he had on to find her was the handcuffs. They lay on the floor gleaming like the Devil's cunning grin.