The Wind of Arrival

He was gone for more than a month and life went on without him. The family went on living without him because they all knew Bryce was in Propole, a city of music and of drink. Cedany worried about him from time to time but continued working on a long broadsword that was ordered to be custumed made by the best smith at the shop for a local Lord. It made her laugh just thinking about a pompous snob using her sword, thinking to himself, that a man had made it and that it was such fine craftsmanship. She did not realize the hot prongs in her hand began to drip molten iron until it burned her hand. She cried out in pain as searing lava-like metal began to eat away at her skin, she dropped the prongs in her hand they gave a loud clatter as they hit the ground. The moment she cried out in pain Gavin was by her side.

"Merek, cold water now! Terryn grab me the aloe!" His voice bounced off the walls of the shop and all of the brothers followed Gavin's orders. Gavin sat beside his sister and held her hand tenderly, slowly turning it and making her flex her hand. She was gasping for breath with each movement. She also begun to cry as she looked at her hand, it was splattered with hardening iron. She screamed bloody murder as Gavin began to pull away at the bright red skin on her hand.

"Cedany, do you want to use your hand again or not?" Gavin looked right into her eyes keeping her attention as he ripped the now hard metal from his sister's hand. Cedanyscreamed a murderous scream and tears struggled to remain unshed. She stared wide-eyed at her brother and broke a little bit inside. She was also crying for Bryce, she needed him. Bryce was always good with helping her through painful things. This is where he would cover her eyes and whisper comforting things to her and she would forget about the pain.

"Gavin... it hurts so much!" She screamed again as another shard was pulled from her hand. Her hand was bloody and limp and looked so weak. Gavin steadily began to pull out all of the pieces from the top of her hand. She cried and bit into the cloth with Hadrian had given her. All of the brothers hovered around Gavin as he began to dip her hand in icy cold water, to numb it up.

"God all mighty you guys! Back up and get back to work! I have everything set! She is fine and back the hell up!" Gavin roared. It was Gavin's biggest dream to become a Doctor and study under Surgeon Arcado Legatho in the big city of Rowdendura but he was not allowed to. The only way he could be a doctor was if his father had been a doctor and Father was a smithy. All of the brothers backed away from Gavin andCedany and went in to the house.

"Gavin..." Cedanywhimpered, "I can't feel my hand anymore." She was scared tremendously. It was not that she could not feel her hand; it was the fact that she could not move it. She could not move her hand from wrist down.

"What do you mean?" Gavin asked his attention immediately at his sister. Her hand was still bright red, but now he could see the damage done. On some parts of her hand, it was beginning to turn white. She whimpered softly, mentally pushing herself to get her hand to move, or at least her fingers to twitch the slightest bit. She had to get it to move. No, she needed it to move.

"Gavin, what's the matter with my hand? Why isn't it working?" She screamed at the top of her lungs. Gavin looked at his little sister with concern; he knew that her wound was a lot worse than he let on.

"Cedany, your hand is just hurting and to begin the healing process, it prevents, stops, all movement." He lied through his teeth. He hated doing it but it was what she needed to hear. Gavin knew it would bite him in the butt later but this was now. Moreover, the truth could wait. The only thing he was worried about was keeping her hand from being infected. He wrapped it up in light gauze and gave her a slight smile. "You know you're going to have to stop working for a while. Especially if you want it to get any better, it needs rest. You need rest." She nodded lethargically, her energy used to its end. Her body slow and her mind slowly becoming dull with exhaustion.