CHAPTER 13.2

"Wild music filled the clearing as vagabonds danced around flames

"Wild music filled the clearing as vagabonds danced around flames."

Honey stepped out of the tent, night had already fallen and a large fire was burning in the heart of the vagabond's camp. Others sat to the side, cheering as they watched the younger vagabonds dance to music their older bodies couldn't keep pace with.

Children ran about, chasing each other in the shadows, their parents telling them not to stray too far. Yet everywhere Honey looked, everyone wore a smile. Everyone in the clearing was so happy. So ignorantly blissful, away from the rest of the world's problems.

A rosy blush dusted Honey cheeks as she skimmed the clearing for her companions, ones she was beginning to think more of as friends, though. She felt exposed and partially naked in the outfit the Danna had dressed her in.

The top was made of a silky white material Honey couldn't name but it was anything but appropriate, and it left her stomach bare. She wore trousers made from the same material, which was hardly ladylike at all, but Honey had to admit they were far more comfortable than her dress. The fabric was dark blue and clung to her legs and Dana had left Honey's feet bare.

Tied loosely across Honey's waist was a bright blue sash, the same shade as the sky on a warm summer's day. It made Honey miss her home by the sea, so her eyes never lingered on it long. Around her neck dangled the silver locket Dai had given to Honey, which the Lekki girl had only taken off in the bath for fear she might ruin it.

The final piece of Honey's appearance that night was her hair. Danna had woven her honey-colored locks into a braided crown atop her head, with small white flowers added in, only increasing the beauty of Danna's work.

Never once in her life had Honey peered into a mirror and seen anything she thought was beautiful. She checked to see if she looked decent but never beautiful. Her mother was beautiful, not her. But when she had peaked into the small mirror that Danna had offered to her, she saw her mother in herself and, for the first time, she had thought that she might have looked beautiful too.

Honey's gaze finally locked on Lukas, sitting by himself, looking just as out of place as Honey felt. Dai was not too far away, but speaking to two winged Mutare who wore matching silver gowns that left their stomachs just as bare as Honey's.

Honey decided that she'd rather sit alone in the shadows of the fire with Lukas than interrupt Dai. He seemed to be in a good mood and Honey didn't want to ruin it. So she crossed the clearing headed to Lukas.

Lukas had changed clothes since Honey had gotten dragged off to take a bath by Danna. He wore a simple white tunic, with a rich green vest over it. He wore loose black trousers and matching riding boots, with the Twin Blade of Light still strapped to his side, ready to be used in a moment's notice. Somehow Lukas appearance was...humbling.

It almost made him look normal.

If it wasn't for his perfect features he would be. Honey couldn't deny the truth that Lukas was attractive. That both Lukas and Dai were attractive. Honey could only guess it was the benefits of being immortal.