CHAPTER 5.1

The Lady of Light saved us
the one with the purest heart of all.
She gave us reason to rejoice
after thirteen years of suffering
we are finally free.

Then where is the Lady of Light now?

She left this world to be with her mother.
To sit to the right of the Balance Goddess.

~Holy Texts of Amaryllis

_________________________________

"Three days passes quickly."

Quicker than Honey had expected to say the least. However, by the third time the sun fell behind the horizon, Honey found herself staring down upon the city of Muurin. The city was surrounded by towering walls cut from a dark and glassy stone that Honey didn't recognize, forming a perfect circle around the city.

There were three entrances into Muurin, each an equal distance from the others, with two tall towers on either side of the city's entrances. Honey could easily imagine this city once being a great military city, filled with soldiers and war heroes alike, protecting their kingdom with their lives but now, it looked like it was rotting from the inside out.

As god and Lekki passed through the large gate, Honey stayed close to Lukas, fearing that if she strayed too far away she might end up on the wrong side of a guard's sword. Yet they passed through without question, although Honey did catch, one guard, staring at her as if he was trying to decide just what she was.

He said nothing though, letting both Lekki and god pass without a word. When they arrived in the city, the sun was just falling behind the great pines, but it seemed as if the city was just awakening, as candlelight poured from each house and Mutare were beginning to spill from the homes into the once deserted streets.

The inside of the city was just as impressive as the outside, with each house was beautifully crafted from the same dark stone as the walls. However, the glassy material wasn't just a single dark color as Honey had first thought but instead had a thousand different shades varying from dark blues to greens.

The material reflected the candlelight that spilled from the houses giving the impression that it was moving, dancing under the light of a thousand stars. Honey's eyes glowed with excitement as she stared at the colors. This was unlike anything that she had ever seen before.

At the very heart of the city, Honey could see what looked a castle, where she guessed the rulers of the city lived, unaware that a god and Lekki had just entered their peaceful city. And hopefully, they would never become aware, either. Lukas turned down another street, with Honey following close behind.

Honey quickly realized that this one was far less crowded. Only a few stray Mutare were outside on this one, but they quickly disappeared back into their houses when they saw Honey and Lukas walking down the cobblestone street, with a confidence lost to most of the Mutare in the city.