Chapter 13: The Interview

Zayn's POV

His eyes were red as they widened when he saw me on his bed. My shirt was on the bed, the one I had torn to make a bandage for his arm.

"Hey Sn-Niall. Sorry I just had to... I had to.. Oh Niall I'm sorry!" I stuttered then ran out of the room still holding my ripped shirt. Running I made it to my room and slammed the door before I heard his dresser doors squeak open. I sat on my bed and pulled my phone out. Rereading Niall's few text messages, I felt a grin grow on my face. He was so crazy and loud and perfect and... Mine. There was no question about it. He was mine. I was still definitely in love with him. The nightmare of not being able to protect him surfaced and the smile shrank. I heard the shower turn on and I wished I could be in there with him, just holding him. I pulled a tight blue top out of my dresser and put it on. A few minutes later the shower turnEd off and I heard Niall step out of the bathroom. I left my room and turned to see Niall, dressed in my favorite outfit.

"Niall, you look great mate. I missed those clothes." I choked out. He grinned.

"Thanks Zayner you look good too. Let's go downstairs." I gulped.

We walked downstairs to see Louis and Harry snogging by the door, Liam looking uncomfortable waiting on us.

I just wished I could do that for Niall,with Niall. I heard Harry moan and Liam slapped him on the head.

"Knock it off you pratts! Come on, we're gonna be late." Liam said opening the door and running into the rain. Niall grimaced and grabbed his umbrella next to the shoe rack. Louis scooped Harry up and ran into the rain, Harry's laugh echoing through the porch. Niall opened the umbrella and held it over me. Grateful I slung my arm over his neck and I heard him gasp.

"Sorry Ni. Force of habit." I said blushing. I ducked from under the umbrella and ran to the van. Harry and Louis were in the middle, Liam was in the front chatting with Danielle and I got in the left side. Niall followed me and sat down on the other side of Larry Stylinson. He looked uncomfortable and I ached to pull him into my lap. But again,I couldn't risk hurting him. He was better without me.

Niall's phone went off and I pulled my own out, decoding to read a few fanfics. My favorite, I'll protect you, looked taunting but I couldn't read something where I died when I was already depressed. A really good writer had just updated a Harry Potter one so I read that one.

"That was Simon." Niall announced when he hung up. " Our interview is in ten minutes and LiLi you need to floor it. " Niall said. Jealousy overwhelmed me. I didn't really have a claim on him anymore. Niall looked straight at me, chewing his lip. Damnit!

"What Zayn?" Niall said. I must have said it out loud.

"Nothing Bebz. Just remembered something." I shuddered and he resumed the chewing of his lip. Shuddering,I sat back and looked out the window. When we arrived at the television station there were Directioners circled around holding Niam and Larry signs. My heart quivered and a few tears slid down my cheeks. I brushed them away and pushed my phone into my pocket. Liam drove the van into a garage and we crawled out. We went the main room and sat down. We were fitted with our microphones and introduced to our interviewer.

"Hello I'm Jennifer Joanna. JJ for short." She said shaking our hands and smiling warmly. " Just so you know, I'm a huge Directioner and I have been since X-Factor. I'm so honored to have you lads here. Please sit. " She said gesturing to the chairs. She was pretty, brunette, but I preferred blonde hair with blue eyes and braces or even better none. Yes I realize I just described Niall but I didn't care. My phone rang out and I hurried to answer it. It was a text from Simon.

'Zayn you and Niall were right. You two belong together and if you love each other then pursue it. If you love him still and it's not too late then you have our permission. Don't leave him alone.' My heart skipped. I could be with Niall again!!! I ached to run to him and kiss him. I decided on a plan.