24

"Stevie

"Stevie. Stevie!" I jerk awake in Jughead's hospital room. I look around and realise that Jughead was the one who said my name.

I stumble of the bed next to his and go to his side. "Jug, you're awake."

"Yeah, I've been up for a bit." He says.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I ask.

"Dad told me to let you sleep, said that was the first time you'd slept." His face scrunches up as he looks up at me, "What happened to your face?"

I bring my hand up to the cut along my cheek and shake my head, "I'm fine."

"Penny?" I guess dad told him about what happened with the Ghoulies.

I nod, "But don't worry she has a brand new scar on top of the old one." I smirk. "Where is Dad?" I ask when I see that he isn't in the chair.

"He went to get us some food." He groans as he pushes himself up. "Is that my hat?"

I look down at the hat hanging between my fingers, "Oh, yeah." I set it down on the table next to the bed. I can't help the tears building as I look at him, "If you ever do anything like that again, I will kill you."

He shakes his head and scoffs out a laugh, "I'm sorry, I won't do it again." He sticks his hand up for me. "Together?"

I smile and grab his pinky in mine, "Always."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"So this is how it ends, not with a whimper but with a memo from Weatherbee." Jughead sighs in frustration, balls up the paper and throws it across the room.

"Riverdale High is now suddenly overcrowded. So, starting next week, all former Southside High students will be bussed to Seaside High, -which is two hours away." Toni says.

"Meaning, he blames us for trashing the school during riot night." Sweet Pea says angrily.

"Well, to be fair, Sweet Pea, you did." Jughead says.

Sweet Pea looks over to me, "You did throw a trash can through the trophy case."

He sighs and leans onto the desk in front of him. I place my hand on his back to try and make him feel better. "What's our play, Jones? Do we have one?"

"I don't know anymore, guys." Jughead starts to pace, "I can't keep fighting for a gang that doesn't exist." He says and I furrow my brows.

"Well, what about us?" Toni asks, "Or any of the other Serpents at the Wyrm?"

Jughead turns his head to us, "What Serpents at the Wyrm?"

"Dad didn't tell you?" I ask.

...................................................