21

"When you walk through a storm Hold your head up high And don't be afraid Of the dark At the end of the storm There's a golden sky And the sweet silver song Of a lark," Cheryl sings with her Vixens behind her all dressed in all black uniforms to h...

"When you walk through a storm Hold your head up high And don't be afraid Of the dark At the end of the storm There's a golden sky And the sweet silver song Of a lark," Cheryl sings with her Vixens behind her all dressed in all black uniforms to honor Midge. I glance over to the picture of Midge set up at the end of her casket and my heart aches. I wish they didn't use the picture I took of her last year for the yearbook. Sweet Pea notices my expression and pulls me into him. I wrap my arms around his waist and rest my head on his chest. "I also feel it is my duty to say that like the Furies of Ancient Greece, who ceaselessly pursue blood atonement when a crime has been committed, the Vixens and I vow that we will not rest until those responsible for the murder of our sister Is rightly punished." Cheryl says with a vengeance in her voice.

God, I'd hate to be Sheriff Keller right now.

After the funeral ends Sweet Pea and I go back to his place. Almost as soon as we get inside he goes to his room to change his clothes.

I sit on the couch and pull my phone out as I wait for him to finish. Before I gave Sheriff Keller the photos I took that night I uploaded them to my laptop and saved them all to my cloud. I haven't been able to stop looking at them. Specifically the photo of Midge right after she got the part of Carrie and the last one I took of her on the wall. I just keep flipping back and forth between them. Torturing myself.

"What are you looking at?" Sweet Pea walks into the room and my head snaps up.

"Nothing." I say quickly.

He sighs, "Are you looking at those pictures again?"

"No." I lie.

He sits down next to me and sticks his hand out. I roll my eyes before handing my phone to him. A few moments pass before he hands it back to me. "They're gone. And you better delete the ones on your laptop too."

"I will." I say and he raises an eyebrow at me, "I will."

"Why are you even looking at them anyway?" He asks.

I sigh and sink into the couch, "I don't even know."

He grabs my hand and pulls me into his lap. I wrap my arms around his neck and drop my head onto his shoulder. "Do you think that the Black Hood is really back?"