4

Jughead and I walk into the cafeteria together while he talks to Betty on the phone

Jughead and I walk into the cafeteria together while he talks to Betty on the phone. "Betty, I have to maintain a semblance of being a student here."

I notice that some Serpents are gathered around a laptop and I hear Archie's voice coming through its speakers. I tap Jughead's arm and point it out to him. "Crap. I gotta go Betty, I'll talk to you later."

We walk up to the table and Sweet Pea pauses the video when he notices. "Hey, I'm guessing we're not watching funny cat videos."

Sweet Pea eyes us and turns the laptop around and confirms for us that they are watching Archie's stupid Red Circle video. Jughead and I give each other a look before turning back to the laptop.

"Some sick in the head Northsider posted a crazy ass video- and we were just talking-"

"About what?" Jughead interrupts.

Sweet Pea places a hand on Fangs' back. "Fogarty wants to earn his Serpent stripes. I say bring us the head of that Northsider and you're in."

"I'm down with that." Fangs say. Sweet Pea starts laughing and banging his fist on the table.

I give Jughead a look of concern. "No, guys, don't!" Jughead raises his voice over their cheers.

"What Jones?" Sweet Pea's demeanor changes.

"I know this guy, he's a milquetoast. He's a football player. It's kind of a lame target, is all I'm saying.You wanna prove something? Why don't you go after the Black Hood?" Jughead suggests. I snap my head to look at Jughead. I wanted him to do something not suggest that they go after the Black Hood.

"And why would we do that? The Black Hood's targeting Northsiders, who do nothing but blame the Southside for everything that's wrong with this town. And we're sick of it. The Black Hood's doing our work for us. He's a hero." Sweet Pea says and I snap my head back to look at him.

"Are you insane?" He rolls his eyes and looks away from me. "No, really are you like actually clinically insane? Because you have to be really messed up to think this guys is a hero. But, yeah, I guess someone that shoots a man in front of his son, murders a teacher, and shoots up two teenagers in a car is a great hero to have."

"Okay, calm down, Princess." Sweet Pea says.

"Okay, first of all, never call me Princess, and second of all what exactly are you trying to accomplish by going after this kid. I mean all you're gonna do is confirm everything that the Northside thinks about you. That you're just a bunch of violent thugs looking for trouble. So if that's what you want then go ahead. It would make my Dad real proud." I give Sweet Pea one last glare and turn around and walk out of the cafeteria.

Later in the day I decide to get away from everyone. I'm not as much of a loner as my brother but I have my moments.

I'm sitting at a table outside in the school yard, editing some pictures that I took the other day. I have headphones in listening to music and zoning out the world. This is my element, I could stay up for days just editing pictures. I love this almost as much as actually taking them. Suddenly my laptop shuts and Sweet Pea is sitting across from me.