8

I bring my camera up to my eye and snap a picture of Toni and Fangs mid conversation

I bring my camera up to my eye and snap a picture of Toni and Fangs mid conversation. They're leaning against their bikes across from each other and the light is hitting them perfectly and I just can't help myself. 

"Do you have to bring that thing everywhere?" Sweet Pea asks from behind me. 

I roll my eyes and turn my flash on before turning around. I quickly bring my camera back up and take a picture. He flinches and covers his eyes. "Yes." I smile. "Do you have to bring your bad attitude everywhere?" 

"It's part of my charm." He smirks and crosses his arms. 

"What charm?"  

He goes to say something but my phone starts ringing and interrupts him. 

"Hey, Jug. What's up?" I say into the phone. 

"I just got a call and Dad is being released." Jughead says happily. 

"Wait, don't fuck with me about that. Are you serious?" 

"Yes, I'm serious. Betty and I are going to tell Veronica now." He says. 

"Oh my God! I'll see you there, I guess." I hang up and put my camera in my bag. 

"What's going on?" Sweet Pea asks. 

"I gotta go. Tell Toni we'll hang out later." I climb on my bike and ride away. 

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Jughead and I walk into the Whyte Wyrm together ecstatic to tell everyone the news. 

"Our Dad is getting out." Jughead says proudly and everyone cheers. "And when he does, I'll bring him up to speed about our plans with Mayor McCoy." 

Tall Boy scoffs loudly across the bar, "That's brilliant." 

"Do you have a problem with that, Tall Boy?" Jughead asks. 

"Your old man? No." He stands up and walks over to the pool table. "No I got no problem with him. But you want us to sit down with the Mayor."

"I do. He's right. I think we can bring the Southside back. But it's going to take work and it's going to take compromise." Jughead says. 

"Bring the Southside back. You've been here all of five minutes." Tall Boy scoffs. 

I go to say something but Jughead beats me to it. "Tall Boy, I am sick of you acting like a little bitch. Whispering behind my back that I'm half a Serpent or that my sister and I don't belong here." Jughead takes a step back. "Why don't we put it to a vote? If you guys think what I'm doing is wrong then I'll step aside." 

"All those who stand with Jughead and think Tall Boy should shut the hell up." Toni stands and raises her hand to which I follow. Serpents all around the bar raise their hands with us, even Sweet Pea.