3

"It was full on Carrie

"It was full on Carrie. Midge covered in Moose's blood, screaming like a banshee. It was insane." Kevin says. Last time Moose and Midge got shot at Lover's Lane and Kevin found them. They survived, Thank God. 

"Kev, what were you even doing there? You could have been shot too." Archie asks when he walks into the student lounge.

"I was just night-jogging." Night jogging? "As one does, and suddenly I hear gun shots." 

"Can we just agree that there is a killer on the loose?" Archie asks. 

"With terrible aim." Jughead jokes next to me. 

Archie doesn't seem to find it very funny though. "Jughead, he murdered Ms. Grundy." 

"We don't know if these three crimes are related." Betty says. 

"Guys, can we focus on what matters here? Midge and Moose are alive. Archie's dad survived. The Matchlerette starts tonight. You're coming over to watch." Veronica states. 

"There is a shooter terrorizing the town. You really want us to watch a gross dating show?" Jughead asks in disbelief. 

"I hate that show. Why would anyone willing date someone who is dating twenty other people at the same time?" I ask. 

"What I want is for you guys to meet my dad officially. Back in New York, my dad was always in his study, doing bad things, as it turns out. I'm tired of closed doors. I need to know my dad's life and he needs to know mine." She explains. 

"We'll be there, V. Can't wait." Betty smiles at her. 

"Hey, Andrews. We're going to the hospital to see Moose. You coming?" Reggie and some of the  football team walk into the student lounge. 

"Yeah, for sure. I'll see you tonight, Ronnie." Archie kisses Ronnie and walks out with them. 

"We better go. We were supposed to meet our peer mentor at Southside High like a half hour ago." Jughead says and I check the time on my phone. 

"Shit. Let's get this over with." I say and we start to walk out when Betty stops us. 

"Are you sure you can't just keep going here?" Betty pouts at him. 

"I'll be fine." Jughead says and kisses her. 

I drop an arm around his shoulder, "Don't worry, I'll protect him." She smiles and Jughead rolls his eyes.

I sigh as the guard makes Jughead go through the metal detector again. Another guard rifles through my backpack to make sure I don't have any weapons or drugs. He pulls a tampon out and examines it. I yank both the tampon and my bang away from him. 

"It's a tampon you caveman. In case you hadn't noticed I am a girl. I'm sure you've never met on before." 

"Forsythe Pendleton Jones III." A girl with pink hair walks up and snaps a picture of Jughead with the vintage camera hanging around her neck.