16

I watch Jughead go back and forth from his laptop to his evidence wall from the couch in the living room

I watch Jughead go back and forth from his laptop to his evidence wall from the couch in the living room. I've been trying to edit photos for the last half hour but I can't concentrate on anything. It doesn't help that most of them are of Sweet Pea either. 

The front door opens and Dad walks in with his jacket hanging from his hands. "What is this?" He asks Jughead. 

"Hopefully, this is the article that saves the town from Hiram Lodge." He says and pours himself another cup of coffee. "If I can fit the pieces together." 

"Boy, you need to drop this. He rescued us. He bought the trailer park, forgave our debts." Dad says. 

"What? He's the reason we almost lost the trailer park." Jughead argues. 

"Hiram's slicker than a bottle of snake oil, no doubt, but this is-" Jughead cuts him off. 

"Dad, please. Hiram just bought the Riverdale Register." Jughead says and Dad sits down with him at the table. "He's trying to silence dissenting voices before he makes his big play. He's afraid. He's afraid of this exposure." 

I sigh and close my laptop before standing up and walking into the kitchen. "Don't bother trying to convince him, Jug. He doesn't care about what his children have to say or care about." 

Dad sighs, "When are you going to stop being mad at me?" 

"When are you gonna let me be with Sweet Pea?" I ask with my arms cross. 

"Never." He says. 

"There's your answer." I turn on my heel and walk out of the kitchen. 

"Where are you going?" Dad asks. 

"To shower. Or do you wanna dictate when I do that too?" 

I stop walking when I hear Jughead, "Dad, as much as I hate to admit it, Sweet Pea is really good to her. I've seen it." 

"I don't care, Jughead. I won't have my daughter stuck in this life and if she's with that boy she'll never get away."  Dad says with an anger in his voice. 

"Is that really why you don't want them together?" Jughead asks. 

Dad hesitates before answering. "I don't have to explain myself to you. Mind your business, boy."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Toni has her arm slung around my shoulder as we sit on the couch in the student lounge and Fangs sits in the chair next to us as I tell them about the whole situation between Sweet Pea and I. 

"Your Dad really made you break up with him?" Toni asks. 

"Yeah and it fucking sucked." I sigh. "This isn't fair." 

"Maybe you could try sneaking around again, we'll help." Fangs suggests. 

I shake my head. "No. As much as I don't want it to be, I think this is the end. I can't keep fighting him."