Chap. 13: Game Day

Haruhi ran straight to her room, not bothering to make dinner, for she wasn't anywhere near hungry. What she'd witnessed today was the most heartbreaking. Haruhi didn't know what to do. Cry. Talk. Run. Walk. She just sat. She knew she'd lost. It was over. But how was she supposed to give up when she knew now that what wasn't hers, she wanted so badly.

Atsumi entered the room only moments later, finding her sister sitting lonely in the room. She takes a seat next to her, patting her back, wanting her to explian what had happened. Haruhi spoke not a single word. Atsumi tried her hardest to perk up the depressing mood Haruhi was in, but nothing seemed to work out.

It was night now and Haruhi had yet to eat. Atsumi stood in her doorway, watching her mope in that same spot the entire time. Wanted to know what happened. She wanted to know what made her sister so uupset, but none of her questions would be answered, so she gave up for that night and decided to wait until the morning to see what was the matter. That night, Atsumi found herself in her new room, with her original family. She smiled. The feeling of being with her familt made her happy, she would have felt even better knowing what was wrong with her big sister.

~*~

Morning had risen and Atsumi woke up with a bright smile on her face. She stretched and yawned. She went straight to the kitchen to make breakfast, when she noticed it was already made. Her father - dressed in a woman's clothes - stood in front of the door with a proud smile on his face. "I made breakfast for you and your sister, hun. I'm glad you decided to stay with us, hun. I'll see you when I come home from work, alright?" she asks. Atsumi nods, her smile stained onto her face.

Atsumi rushed to wake up Haruhi when she noticed she was no longer in her bed. Atsumi scratched her head. 'Does she always wake up this early?' she asks herself.

Atsumi ate her breakfast, leaving more than enough for Haruhi when she returned home. She quickly got in the shower, got dressed, and did her hair. She was eager to find out where her sister could be hiding. The big game was today and she was hoping she hadn't gotten cold feet and ran off.

~*~

"Where the hell could she be?" Hikaru asks. Atsumi shrugs, nearly breaking out into tears. She hadn't seen her sister all day and she was growing even more worried by the sencond. "Well, let's just hope she gets here when it's her turn to replace Atsumi." Kyouya says. The team agrees.

Renge - being the announcer - set up her mic at a small table off the court. She was excited to watch her fellow friends "kick some vollyball, administrator stealing ass".

The game started off with Tamaki serving and from there it took off!

~*~

The game finally made it to it's halfway mark and it was Haruhi's turn to take Atsumi's place, but she handn't shown up. "How could she do this. It's not like her." Kaoru folds his arms.

"Of course it isn't. Haruhi must have been pissed if she'd shown us up like that." Hikaru comments. Atsumi thinks back to yesturday. She must have seen them... That could be the only reason. Atsumi face palms herself. She should have thought of it sooner. She should have apologized.

Atsumi ran off, having an idea as to where Haruhi could have been hiding. The guys call out to her and bein to chase her, but she was too quick. They'd lost her. "Daamnit, where could she possibly be going?!" Hikaru swears. Tamaki smiles a small smile, knowing he could trust her to bring Haruhi back.

~*~

The halls were deserted and empty. She could have gotten lost since she was barely paying attention to where she was going, but she didn't. Her breathing was heavy and uneasy. She was tired, but it was woth it. She sighed as she stood in front of the double doors of the third music room. Slowly, she inches the door open, a sound reaching her ears. The single notes of a piano.

She smiles. 'Haruhi!' she thinks.

The short haired burnette turns her head to the door, but turns right back around to face the piano, hiding her face. "They don't need me, Atsumi. They have you. Tamaki has you." she whispers the last sentence. Atsumi shakes her head vigorously. "Don't shake your head. You know it's the truth. Thy only need you. You're right for them." she downs herself. Atsumi's heart breaks at her sister's words. She continues to shake her head and mentally yell at her why she needed to go back and help them win the host club back.

"Ever since you came, the club have been a joy. Ecstatic. They love you, Astumi. What's hte point of me evn being there if they have you, hu? I'm just there to be there. You're all they need. Not me. I'm nothing but a lost shadow now. They don't need me there now that they have you..." Haruhi explains.

Anger boils inside of Atsumi as she listens to her sister down herself. She was only digging a deeper grave to burry herself in and Atsumi knew she was the only person who could get her out.

"Shut up!"  Atsumi shouts. Haruhi's eyes widen.