Chap. 8: Once Was Lost, but Now it's Found

"Seems like we'll be stuck here for quite some time now, hu?" Tamaki asks. Atusmi's grip grew tighter as the thunder hit again. He places his hand on her head and strokes it. It's smooth touch felt nice against his skin. "You don't have to worry. It's just a little thunder."

*BOOM*

The thunder yells violently, sending Atusmi under the bed as quick as a fox. Tamaki chuckles a bit. "It's not gonna get you, Atsumi. I'm here with you. You're fine." he says, getting down on all fours and lifting the bed skirt. He blushes as he sees Atsumi's scared wet face. She was horrified.

"C'mon out. I promise I'll be here with you." he holds out his hand for her to take, but as soon as she takes it, th epersistant thunder succeeds on scaring her, making her pull Tamaki under the bed too. She wraps herself in her arms feeling more protected that way. Both of their faces turn a deep red. "Alright, I guess we can stay under here until the storm passes." he chuckles.

"So, Miss. Fujioka... How does it feel to know you're real identity?" he asks. Atsumi shrugs her shoulders and nestles deeper into his warm chest. The friction between the two felt nice for the both of them. A state of pure comfort and garunteed safety for Atsumi. Although the fast-pase beating of her heart made it seem a little weird, but she loved that feeling and she knew she wouldn't be able to get it anywhere else but there in his arms.

"Do you plan on telling the others?" he continues to question her. She nods her head. "Haruhi knows, right?" he asks. She nods again. "I suspect that's why you were upset." he says. She shakes her hand from side to side, giving him the so-so kind of gesture.

"Maybe when we get some paper, you'll be able to tell me about it?" he asks, a hint of couriousity in his smooth, gentle tone. Atsumi nods her head. The two rambled on with the yes-no questions, that being Tamaki's plan to keep Atsumi's mind off the thunder storm.

Once it passed, Tamaki made an attempt to push out from under the bed, only for the frightened girl to pull him back to her. "No, it;s okay. The storm passed." he informs her. Taking her hand, he helps her out from under the bed and gestures toward the window. A clear, full moon sits brightly from the outside world. She places a gentle smile on her pink lips. Tamaki graces her smooth cheek with the side of his hand.

She looks up at him. "I told you you'll be okay." he says. She hugs him tightly, giving thanks for all he's done for her. He returns the hug and smiles down at her. "It seems it's a little too late for you to go home now, hu? Everyone is probably asleep." Tamaki assumes. Atsumi agrees with a nod. "Then I guess staying here for the night wouldn't hurt." he shrugs.

Atsumi lie in bed, wide awake. The booming thunder continues to reply in her mind. She can't help but to get a little frightned again. And talking herslef out of being afraid wasn't something she would always succeed in doing. Instead, she holds her breath and runs down to the other end of the hall, where Tamaki was sleeping. Still caressing her pillow, she nervously knocks on the door and waits for an answer.

After only a moment. He opens the door, his top half naked, while he had on his bottoms. "Oh. Are you okay?" he asks. She shakes her head and throws herself at him, embracing him in a hug. "Still a little shaken up becuase of the storm, hu?" he asks. She nods her head. "It's alright. Come on in." he invites her.

Before long,Tamaki found himself sitting up on th edge of the bed, stoking Atsumi's head as she sleeps. In his eyes, she was beautiful. How the light from the moon hit her skin; how soundly she would sleep. She was a wonderful young lady, no questions asked. He couldn't believe that he was actually falling for her. After all him and Haruhi had been through. He would have thought she would have been the one he'd been with. Maybe it was nothing more than a fatherly love for him towards Haruhi.

Shaking the looming thoughts away, he stands, about to make an exit, but he's stopped. Atsumi reaches out and graps his forearm, restraining him from going anywhere. "Don't go," she mouths to him. He blushes, but smirks a bit and takes his place next to her again. "I wont. I'm right here. I'll always be right here." he whispers.