Chap. 3: EXPOSED!

Desprate to avoid all contact with Haruhi and the host club, Atsumi decided to be driven to school rather than take the train. She sighs, hoping that none of the host club members would stop her or make fun of her. She was nervous about starting her first real day of school rather than starting her fake week - which already past.

"Atsumi, dear, are you excited about today? I know you've already gotten familiar with the enviornment and all, but aren't you happy to be actually starting today?" he aunt Stephany asks. Aunt Stephany wasn't really her  aunt, just the host she stays with until she's ready to go and meet her real parents.

Atsumi fakes a smile and continues to daze out of the window. "Are you alright?" her aunt asks. Atsumi comes clean and opens up to her aunt. She removes the photo from her bag and shows it to her fake aunt. "You're ready to meet her, aren't you?" she asks. Atsumi nods her head, a bright smile crossing her lips. "How about your father? You don't have a picture of him, do you?" she asks. Atsumi's smile fades as she shakes her head in reply. "That's alright. I'll call the center today and have a meeting set up to meet your parents. And when they see you, I bet they'll want you back in their lives. You're such a beautiful young lady and very bright too. They'll be delighted to have you back. But you have to promise me that you'll come and visit, alright. You can't leave me all alone in that big house." she smiles.

Atsumi hugs her aunt. They pull up at the large pink school and Atsumi looks out of the window, making sure the cost was clear. "I'll see you later, dear. And don't forget, go down to the main office to get your new uniform...and you have work tonight, so don't stay too later after school, alright?" Stephany says. Atsumi nods with a smile as she exits the car. The driver closes the door and wishes her good luck on her way before driving off, leaving her at the high school.

Careful when turning corners, or even entering her class, Atsumi has been on her toes all day since the incident with the photo. Upon entering a class, Atsumi notices something she'd rather not. A blonde, speaking his meaningless words to other girls that fall into his trap. She looks over her scehdual and makes sure she was at the right class and sadly she was.

'But I'm only a first-year student anyway. Why would I be in a class with him? He's a second year student!' she panics.

Quiet;y entering the room, she takes a seat in the furthest row, nearest to the window, hoping the blonde wouldn't notice her. She sighs, the girls that were caught in his web of charm blocked her from his view. Finally, she could relax.

Atsumi removes her math notebook from her bag and opens it up, warming up with the problems that were on the board. Finishing before the teacher even entered, she takes out her book and decides to read, but was rudely interrupted by someone placing their hand on her desk. She looks over her book, Tamaki hovers over her, a small smile on his face. "Good morning." he speaks calmly.

Her eys widen and she begins to mentally shout at herself about being more careful. "How are you, Princess?" he asks. 'What's wrong with him? Shouldn't he be pissed from yesturday?' she asks herself. "I was quite worried about you the other day. I was hoping you didn't get too worked up about the incident that took place in our host room. I surely hope you'll be able to join us again, today." Tamaki blushes. Atsumi stares at the boy, her big brown eyes bleeding into him, making his face grow an even darker red. Thoughts play in his head, admiring how cute she was; how adorably cute the look on her face was: confused.

'What's his problem?' Atsumi questions. "Everyone, take your seats." the teacher walks into the class, his voice boring and bland, like a tasteless milkshake: smooth and bland.

Both Tamaki and Atsumi sit next to one another, utterly distracted by their own thoughts, but their thoughts being completely different.

~*~

Class ends with only a small assignment and a warm welcome into the weekend.

Atsumi makes a [failed] attempt to exit the class alone, being stopped by Tamaki. "Atsumi, what's wrong, you're so different today. You want to talk...about yesturday?" Tamaki asks, looking her square in her big brown orbs. Atsumi shakes her head and brushes past Tamaki, not wanting to explain to him about her family problems. But something down in her ind, told her that these words he sopke weren't empty. He was concerend; he meant what he'd said. 

~*~

The small people buzzed around the small diner. Atsumi places the plate of breakfast down on the table, in front of the hungry couple. A smile was brought to their faces as she served them. Atsumi goes back behind the counter and watches the people eat their food, each and very one of them, either chatting or drooling over the food that sat in front of them.

The saticfaction of feeding the now happy customers filled Atsumi's heart. But her happines was removed when someone quite familiar entered. She walked up to the customer with a smile, her nametag gleaming in the light. She lifts up a clipboard, flashing the girl the back of it which read: "I can't talk, butI'll be happy to help you!"

The girl that entered the diner widened her brown eyes. "Atsumi?" she asks. 'Haruhi?' the mute thinks. 'You're a girl?!' she screams to herself. Following Haruhi, the guys of the host club enter. All eyes land on Atsumi. "You work?" Haruhi asks. 'You're a girl?!' Atsumi repeats her thoughts. The guys stand around her with a 0.0 face.