Chap. 2: Suspicions Against the New Girl?

"So, tell me more about your new friend!" Haruhi's dad sings as the duo gather together and eat their delicious curry. "Well, she's crazy-gorgoeus and the guys seem to like her a lot as well. They say she looks a bit like me, but I don't see it. Oh, she's a mute too. She hasn't said a word. Well, not as long as I've known her. Tamaki seems to take a big intrest in her too." Haruhi explains. "Sounds to me you have a small crush on Tamaki and your jealous side is finally showing. Aren't you the cutest!" he smiles with a clap of his hands. "Jealous? Tamaki? No way. I don't really have anything to be jealous about. They just met and I don't like Tamaki." Haruhi folds her arms across her chest. "Whatever you say, dear. Now, finish up so you can get some sleep." her dad says. She does as she's told.

Lying in bed, wide awake, she thinks about her father's words. "Why should I be jealous. They barly know eachother, anyway." she speaks softly to herself before slowly drifting off to sleep.

The next morning the bright rays of sun waits no time flooding into her eyes. "Another long day at school." she mutters to herself. With quick preperation and a fast breakfast, Haruhi is already on her way to school, on her way she unexpectedly runs into someone.

"Hey Atsumi!" she calls out. The long haired burnette turns around. Her hair drapes over her shoulders and nearly touches the ground. Haruhi hadn't noticed how long it was, since she's only seen it in a ponytail, aside from that everything was the same.

"The train pulls up and Haruhi follows the crowd inside, eventually she fnds Atsumi and takes a seat next to her. "I didn't know you rode the train to school. I'd never seen you before." she says with a small smile. Atsumi returns the smile and nods. "Are you coming back to the host club today? I think the guys would enjoy that." Haruhi says. Atsumi's smile slowly dissapears and she looks ahead at the window across from where the two sat. She shakes her head in slight dissapointment.

"What's the matter?" she asks. Atsumi digs in her bag that sat comfortably in her lap until pulling out a folded piece of paper and hands it to Haruhi. She unravels the paper and reads over it silently. The mood suddenly changes and Haruhi's entire outlook on Atsumi was put in a different perspective.

"You've been in a foster home all your life?" she asks. Atsumi nods. "And you finally get to meet your real parents soon?" she continues to question. Atsumi nods, no smile. "You should be excited. I bet Tamaki and the others will be happy for you. I'm happy for you." Haruhi smiles, trying to lighten the mood. The train continues on until reaching a stop, where Atsumi and Haruhi get off.

The two walk the rest of the way in complete silence.

. . .

After school hours were finshed, Haruhi met up with her muted friend and they both traveled down the long echoing hallway in utter silence. They both enter the room where the hosts wait patiently in their welcoming formation. "Welcome, Haruhi, Princess Atsumi. I'm glad you made it on time." Tamaki says with a greeting smile. "Hello, senpai." Haruhi replies. Atsumi builds up a smile. "Look at you two! You're just so adorable standing together like that! Don't you agree, mommy?" Tamaki says with a dreamy look.aa

'Here we go with the mommy thing again. What's the matter with him? He's so...different.' Atsumi raises a brow. Kyouya breaks out of his post and walks over to Atsumi, a small piece of neatly folded paper in his hands. "I believe you dropped this the other day, Haruhi." Kyouya says, haning the paper to the burnette. Haruhi raises a brow and takes the paper, opening it. The twins slip behind her and peep over her shoulder, trying to get a good look at the paper. "This isn't mine, Kyouya. But..." she trails off, staring the picture down. "How could someone have gotten this?" she says to herself. Atsumi takes a turn to look at the paper. It was a photo of a woman. Her black hair pulled into a low pony tail while to locks of it hang down at the sides of her heart-shaped face. She was quite beautiful. Atsumi snatched the picture out of Haruhi's hands and hides it behind her back. "Hey! Give that back!" Haruhi cries, while reaching for it. Atsumi takes a step back, not letting Haruhi get a hold of the photo.

The club stares at her in utter shock. She slowly backs away before running out of the room. Haruhi and Tamaki call out to her, but the twins stop them. "Let her go. She's weird anyway." they say. Haruhi watches the girl run, her long brown hair blowing frantically in the wind.

'Who is she?' Haruhi thinks.