Chapter 16

• Dedicated to Jen/Luna

Sorry for such a late upload people. I had a school trip and all, so I was really busy. So sorry for such a late upload. Dis will be short so sorry in advance plus not much happens. 

'Life is like an hourglass... everything eventually hits the bottom. All you have to do is wait it out till someone  comes along and turns it around.'

************************************************************************************************************

"Yum! this ice cream is bliss." I tell Jake. He smirks. I take another spoonful of maltesers ice cream the taste danced on my tongue. " I told you it was good. What did you tell me? let me remember, hmm..." he paused for a moment. "Jay bear, maltesers and ferrero rocher are chocolates not ice cream. Do you even know what ice creams are?" he said in a high pitched voice trying to imitate me. I rolled my eyes. "Jay bear, that's the worst impression of me, My voice isn't that high pitched. Plus how was i supposed to know that they actually sell ice creams that are usually known as chocolates?" I retorted. He opened his mouth to answer with a cocky or smart remark as usual, but was cut off by his phone ringing. He put the phone to his ear. "Hey."  I stared at him as I finshed my ice cream. 

His smile faltered and was replaced with a worrying frown. What's wrong? Whats worrying him? Must be something serious? What could worry him? Is everyone okay? Is someone hurt? Leah? I took a deep breath to calm myself. Overthinking could ruin everything, you don't need a panic attack today. No. "That bastard. How dare he?" A moment later he put the phone on the table. His face was plastered in worry, pain and anger. He stood up. His body was quivering with anger. I stood up too .His pain and worry I can understand, sympathise. His anger caused me to flinch away from him. A guys's anger is the worst. When a guys is angry and worried, never ask him questions, just do as he says, James taught me that. He continued to curse as he fiddled with his phone. He threw the vase from the table onto the floor.

 He was calling someone, Leah? I forced myself to keep my mouth shut. It wasn't to hard, I had enough practise in this. He put the phone to his ear. The phone continued to ring, yet no-one answered. He cursed outloud. He opened the car door and slammed it behind him. I jumped in the seat. I could feel fear running through my veins. He reminds me of James so much. It scares me. I've never seen Jay bear, no Jake. I've never seen Jake so angry. It scares me.

He tried dialling again. He got through this time. "Lee, where are you? Are you okay?" he asked in a rush. I turned my head to Jake as soon as I heard Jake say Leah's name. Lee? Is she okay? What happened? I shouldn't have gone for Ice cream with Jake. His frown disappeared within seconds, and relief replaced it. "yeah, I did take the car, sorry. Oh okay, I'll be there in a bit. Bye. " he cut the call off and slid the phone in his pocket. I looked out my window not knowing what to say. 

I guess staying away from guys will be a good idea in general. I should just avoid them all. They're all the same, wonderful when they're happy but become maniacs once they're angry. But he didn't do anything to me. Yet. He won't, will he? I shuddered at the thought of being hurt again. Dad must have got James some sort of a punishment. The thought of him being locked up brought a sense of relief to me. I continued to think postive to draw my mind away form Jakes wrath.

After a while of deafening silence, Jake cleared his throat. "Angel, you okay?" he asked worriedly. I looked at him from the corner of my eye. He looked calm. He won't hurt me. He never was going to, Sam you were just overreacting. I smiled. "yeah Jay bear, I'm okay." I replied hoping my voice wouldn't give my fear away. "Angel, I'm sorry you had to see me like that. I truly am. I scared you, I didn't mean it. Sorry.I'll get on my knees to make it up if you want. " he voice rung with sincerity. I smiled. This is Jay bear, he'd do nothing to hurt me. Stupid me. 

I cracked a smile. I bit my lip to stop chuckling. "Jay bear, you don't scare me, your my teddy!" I reassured him. He mocked being hurt. "How hurtful Angel." I smiled. He then told me what happend and how Leah had been really angry and bussed up some guy and ran out. My phone rung. I searched my pockets for it. Jake leaned back and handed me my bag. "it's in here angel. " he laughed. I narrowed my eyes and pulled out my phone.

 Dad! I answered the call just before he disconnected. "Hey dad, how did it go?" I asked. Jake's face was covered in confusion. He shrugged and continued to face the front. Dad's voice was full of excitement. "Sam, Kiddo. He's done for. He's going to be in there for a while. Till then we'll have a solid case built up against him. He's going down and his downfall has just started." I sighed in relief. I started to laugh. Excitement ran through my veins. " Dad, that's cool! That's the best news ever today. Thanks. I will need your help in summat though." I told him trying to be precautious. 

"Sam, what did you do this time?" he asked with sigh. I paused for a moment. Damn, he knows me so well. I chuckled, "What maikes you think I did something wrong?" I asked. He sighed once again. "Okay, okay. Basically when you texted me, I was kinda hit by it so I kinda fought with my teacher and walked out of class after fighting with my teacher. I found Jake and he was just bunking with me and we drove off once we found out the head was after us so I kinda need you to, you know..." 

Jake stared at me in shock. We'd reached home and now he was amused by what I was telling dad. Didn;t think i'd tell dad to help me out now did he? "Sam, come in, you'll be fine when you guys walk into school tomorrow. " I rolled my eyes. "oh and Sam, bring Jake with you." he told me. I smiled. I cut the call of and turned to Jake. "Jake, come in, dad wantsyou home." I told him. He smirked. "Angel, I'll have to come, Lee ended up here, turned out your dad found her."

I frowned. "So you decided to tell me that now? anyways come on, lets go in." I told him. I grabbed him arm and pulled him out towards the door. The door swung open and there at the doorstep stood the love of my life. Jason.