Chapter 9...

'Having a thousand friends isn't a miracle. The miracle is to have a friend who will stand by you when thousands are against you.'

************************************************************************************************************

Oh.My.God.No way! Jakey, the wink Now it all makes sense. Jake is Ashlin's perfect boyfriend. The one shes crazy about.

"Hey Ashlin, how are you?" Jake's voice interrupted my thoughts. She hooked her arm with his and we all walked out the gates. "I'm good Jakey. God, these teachers annoy the hell out of me sometimes." He smiled. "The beauty of Warrington High." he joked. Ashlin laughed.

We stopped walking at the foot of a silver Polo. "Here's our ride." Leah told me. I stared at the car. James has the same car. But this ain't his, it's Jakes. I'm safe. I felt a shiver run down my spine. "you cold Sam?" Leah asked. I shook my head. "Nah, I'll be fine." I replied. Me and Leah jumped into the backseats and let the two lovebirds sit at the front.

We drove to the nearest Mc.Donalds which was roughly half an hour away and parked up. "In we go?" I asked. "yup." Leah answered. "Hey Sam, lets hook arms too, look proper lesbian, it'll annoy the hell out of the people in the shop." I laughed. This will lighten up my mood hopefully. "yeah,sure. Why not?" I winked at her. I hooked my arm with hers. This should be fun. I held onto her just to play along, but to an extent it made me feel safe, secure almost.

As we walked in, many old ladies glared at us. Leah couldn't stop smiling. I felt evil for being so bad to the old ladies but Leah's smile was addictive, i couldn't get rid of my own. "....and a Mc. Flurry." Ashlin told Jake. "Hey bro, just get me the usual." Leah told him. He nodded. He looked at me. "and Sam? What would you like?" I pondered for a second. The last time I ate at Mc. Donalds was with Krystle and Emmett, that was like ages ago. My heart ached at remembering them. No more thinking. "umm...I'll just take some nuggets and chips." I told him. Leah gave me a dissapproving look. "is that it? hmm... well Jake, add on a Mc.Flurry and anything you think approriate." She winked at him. My jaw dropped. "No way Leah, I'm no way going to stuff myself." She tugged me towards an empty table of 4. "of course not Sam, of course not."

I stared at the food on the table. In front of me lay, 12 packet of chips, 7 burgers, 6 packets of nuggets and 8 Mc. Flurries. "How the hell are we going to eat all of this?" I asked Jake. He smirks, "guess you haven't seen Lee Lee's appetite before, have you? she can eat for the country." he joked. I looked at Leah, she was stick thin, roughly a size 6-8. "looks impossible." I retort.

He smirks once again, I notice his chocolate brown eyes glint. When he smirks they look so defined. So much more beautiful. Shut up Sam. Shut up. He's Ashlin boyfriend. He's Leah's brother. What would they think of you? Stop."you'll see." he remarks.

I hoped Jake and Ashlin would be like those romantic couples who feed each other. I think i'd have choked on my food. Also, it'd remind me of the early days in mine and James relationship. When he was sweeter. Much nicer.

Turns out Jake was right Leah has got a big appetite. She managed to eat 3 burgers,5 chips, 4 nuggets and 2 and a half Mc.Flurries before stating. "guys, I think that's enough for now, no?" I cracked up. "you sure about that?" I asked. Jake started to laugh. "good one, up top Sam." he told me. He held up his hand. I high-fived him.

I felt a spark in my hand. What the? "I gotta go to the bathroom, then we'll leave okay?" Ashlin told us. Leah stood up. "I'll come with you Ash." Ashlin nodded. As they walked to the bathroom. Jake stood up. "Shall we leave madame?" Jake joked. I laughed. "Sure Sir, lead the way." I continued. We walked in silence. Just as we approcached the car, Jake stopped. "Shit, I think i forgot my wallet on the counter. Damn! Sam, you sit in the car, I'll be right back." he told me worriedly. "Sure." I told him. He turned around and jogged into Mc. Donalds. As I turned to open the car door, I felt a cold hand on my shoulder. "Well...Hello, Princess."