Chapter 8

I noticed that most of my chapters are a little short, but I am trying to make them long and interesting. I have been having writer’s block lately, but I promise the next chapter will be one of the craziest… so far. I don’t know how good of a writer I am, but I do want to write my ideas down. I am still thinking of how to incorporate the Akatsuki into this story and I currently have one idea… sad I know. Anyway, I don’t want to keep talking. I don’t own Naruto, but I do owe him. Enjoy!

Please do comment, review, vote, etc. I want to hear from you because you matter J

Chapter 8

After a startle, I realized that it was Rini, the Kazekage’s secretary, who came to see us.

“Sorry for coming in without knocking. I know it’s rude, but I was afraid you guys were asleep and I didn’t want to bother you”, she apologized with a sincere smile.

“It’s fine”, Lilly smiled back. Noticing that Rini was carrying a bag she asked curiously, “What’s in the bag?”

Rini looked down. “Oh, this is for you guys. Lord Gaara told me that you’re new here and you need some things to start you off until you are able to buy your own supplies of course”.

Lilly clapped her hands together. “Oh! How kind!” she mused.

I placed my hand over my beating chest. “For a second there I thought Kiki returned”, I heave a sigh.

Rini seemed upset by what I had just said. “She lectured you didn’t she?” Rini muttered.

“Yeah, she did”, Lilly muffled rubbing the back of her head from the hits left from Kiki’s attacks. I glared at Lilly alarmed by what she had just informed Rini. Kiki doesn’t want us to blow her cover and I definitely don’t want to lose this job and return into being a beggar again.

Lilly winced. Trying to erase her confession she gasped, “Uh, she told us what the rules were and what our job was… You know, she told us the basics”, she giggled suspiciously averting her eyes from Rini.

‘Nice save Lilly’, I thought sarcastically. I looked over at Rini.

She had a soft expression on her face. “She bought you too…”, she trailed off speaking to herself.

What did she mean by ‘She bought us’? Was she referring to Kiki? I eyed her carefully desiring answers. She lifted her attention toward me noticing my sudden fascination in her.

“What did she tell you?” Rini broke in, “Did she hurt you? Did she threaten you?”  

I gave her an indifferent expression. ‘Rini is untrustworthy and mustn’t know anything’, I thought to myself. If we told her she might run and tell Lord Gaara the truth and Kiki would frame us and everything would go tumbling down from there.

I held myself and tried to cover up for Kiki. “Lilly told you what she told us”, I began, “Kiki was being such a sweetheart and told us the basics”. I felt my stomach get upset after my disgusting lie.

A snort came from Rini’s mouth and it continued on into outrageous laughter. It took Rini a while to calm down, but she went on and laughed with light snorts coming from her every now and then. She clutched her side and fell to the ground as her offensive laugh continued.

This began to make me angry. “What’s so funny!” I yelled.

She slowly lifted her head and replied. “Lying about Kiki of course! Everyone here knows that she’s completely self-centered. She is very big-headed and bossy. Not to mention that she’s also deceitful and a cheater”.