Chapter 11

Sorry for the late update. I can list a whole bunch of excuses right now, but I won't bother you. So if you enjoyed this chapter please leave a vote, comment, review, etc. Thanks for your patience. Enjoy!

Chapter 11

A chill ran down my spine and made me shiver unwillingly. It felt cold all of a sudden and my head began to fuzz. I watched his reflection fearfully unable to confront the monster beside me. I wanted to run away and leave him locked up in this room alone, but I was afraid. What if I try to run and he stops me? What if he will try to kill me? And what if he was testing me and my trust in him? What was I supposed to do?

I shut my eyes tightly and held myself firmly trying to prevent my tears and shivers from alarming him of my fear… but I couldn’t. His actions reminded me of the guy in the park at the Leaf Village… how he preyed on me and my sister… how he stabbed me in my side and almost killed me… I thought silently to myself and figured… this guy was no different.

He is forcing me to dance with him and he has full control over me. He’s my master and a powerful ninja… how could I defend myself against that?

I felt my fear slip away and change into rage. I could feel the heat underneath my skin burning inside of me. My eyes shot open and I kept my eye on him. I noticed how calm and composed he was…  and that made my blood boil even more.

Does he not care what my answer to his question is? Does my opinion not matter to him?! Asking me if I would dance with a murderer! Who was he to think nothing of this? Am I something that he finds worthless?

I got up off the floor and stood in front of him. “Do you think that I would be here if I had the choice to be here?” I hissed. “No, I don’t want to dance with a murderer like you and I never wanted to!”

He stood up firmly off of the ground and judged me. His brows were furrowed and his eyes were narrow, but he remained silent… and that irritated me.

I walked up to his face then spat, “You think that you could have a girl to toy with and a girl to love, don’t you?! You think that you could toy with this helpless beggar’s emotions because that’s all she is to you… a worthless piece of garbage and nothing more!” I felt warm tears running down my cheek. “Well, I want to be the one you love!” I stuttered. “And I promise you that I wouldn’t use you”. I began to sob, but his face hadn’t changed. He still didn’t seem to care.

“She’s using you!” I yelled at him, “she’s using you for your money!” His face tensed in objection. He appeared to refuse the remarks I had just bestowed upon him. He pushed me away.

“I know”, he told me, “but I love her for that and I don’t care if she tries to kill me or is cheating on me… because I find her to be the most beautiful woman in the world”.

Right then I felt my heart burst and break. My lungs failed to support me and my sight began to blur.

“But why?” I asked him confused, “Why do you want to be with someone who doesn’t feel the same about you? I thought you cared if she didn’t share the same emotions you that you have for her…”

He stepped forward. “Well you thought wrong”, he said simply, “I care about the game we’re playing. I enjoy seeing her plan schemes and try to work them on me. I have a laugh seeing her act like she loves me and how more players are constantly being added to this game… like you”, he pointed out bitterly. “You don’t love me or want to dance with me. All you want to do is try to save me from something that I don’t need saving from. And I hate the pity you have in your eyes all the time when you look at me. I don’t need anyone to dance with me”, he glowered at me with a chilling grin. I felt my body stiffen and move independent of my command, “I can make the world dance for me!” he laughed manically forcing my body to sway for him.