Chapter 14

Sorry for the late update. Well... here you go :D

I don't own Naruto.

Please tell me what you think :)

Chapter 14

It’s difficult to try and run away from the truth especially when you are caught red handed. It was obvious as Kiki moved about the room that there was no way for me to even attempt an escape. She has been waiting for this moment for quite a while now and I bet that she wouldn’t allow me to easily slip right through her fingertips.

“It’s a beautiful mask”, she spoke to me frightening me a little. Her voice was filled with grace and composure. It calmed my tense body. For a second, it was as if she had forgiven me for my mistake and had moved on.

But once she spoke again, that all changes. “Don’t be so relaxed, sweetheart”, she spoke knowingly as if she could read right through my expression, “You’re in a lot of trouble.”

It was hard to stop that throbbing pain in my chest. In fact, I couldn't glanced into her eyes without feeling faint and unsteady. This girl was crazy! But I couldn’t help realize the dreading fact that she could recognize me even when I was concealing my identity.

“How did you know that it was me? How could you recognize me?” I asked her with a courageous voice that sounded a lot braver than I felt.

“It’s not hard to know a traitor”, she retorted firmly then laughed. “Well in actuality, your hips don’t lie”, she spoke in mere mockery.

By my hips?! At first, I was baffled by what she had said to me then I realized what she truly meant. It was my figure that gave me away. The thing that I couldn't hide or run away from no matter how hard I try. It has given me away! My own body betrayed me! Sometimes I curse myself for such luck, but it didn’t matter now. I sighed in disgust.

Once her gaze fell upon me with her fixated blood red dagger eyes, she admitted calmly, “I haven’t been able to sleep lately because of you. I demand an apology for all the trouble and lack of sleep you caused me.”

She was bitter and cold. Even the way she required an apology, she spoke with a sour dead tone. I didn't want to provide her with no words of remorse. She just didn't deserve any. But as the silence between us grew, and it was obvious that I couldn’t leave her waiting for too long, I felt a stinging rage well up inside me. This rage force my tears hot on my face and caused my eyes to burn. But, in the end, I stood on my feet then spoke with the most regretful voice I could possibly have, “I’m sorry.”

It didn’t seem to please her. She didn’t look satisfied. And when I didn’t know why, she told me with clear brutality why. “On your knees, take off that mask, and apologize like a good little girl.”

It was hard for me to keep myself contained. I wanted to say ‘no’, but I was afraid of her and what she was planning. The disgrace I felt washed over me like the wave of an ocean on a small seashell. I was the seashell and, by far, she was the mighty ocean.

The poor little seashell, I thought, fell to its knees when the ocean was present and took off the mask that it hid behind. “I’m sorry”, the poor seashell spoke with hate pouring within its small hollow body.

Yet even every attempt the poor seashell took, the ocean remained angry and displeased, never content with the pleads the poor seashell tried.

“That’s not enough”, the ocean roar with disappointment, “It’s okay. We’re going to continue the game”, she decided firmly with a wicked smile, “We’re going to play this game my way, my little ducky”, she smiled shrewdly with an evil intent evident in that grin. “Three days to quit. Three days till I take action. Three days to protect the people around you”, she lifted three fingers and made sure I saw them. “In exactly three days, the game will be over and the winner will have what they sought to gain in the first place. The loser will have lost something precious”, she spoke in riddles before turning her back to me and heading to the door. “Once I walk out that door, the game will start. You have exactly 72 hours to win on me. And just so you know”, she glanced at me with a devilish eye, “I have never lost so far and I play to win so don’t expect me to go easy on you.”