Chapter 2

I don't own the Naruto, but it would be a great honor to be in it. Comment, review, vote, yell I LOVE THIS STORY or whatever that makes you happy. Thanks for taking your time to read my work.

Chapter 2

I felt the cool wind blowing through my hair uncovering my face and revealing a shocked expression. I restudied his face and it had a faint pink shade to it. His eyes were avoiding contact with my eyes and the unbearable silence broke once I struggled to reply, “Excuse me…Can you repeat that because I don’t think I heard you correctly”.

His eyes finally made contact with mine and he appeared sincere. He tried to hold my hand, but I kept moving it away. He finally gave up and restated slowly, “I want you to be mine”.

I felt my vision begin to fail me and I began to feel lightheaded. I looked at him and stated, “Uhha, really?”

“Yes… really”, he smiled.

What was he trying to do? Why is he telling me this? There is only one explanation. This made me angry. Rage gradually rose to my face causing my hatred to burn ablaze. “What kind of sick joke are you trying to pull cause no one here is going to laugh!” I yelled at him.

His expression drastically changed from calm, to confused, and then to heartbroken as I continued, “You should tell your pathetic friends, who are hiding somewhere, that messing with beggars and their feelings is WRONG!” I felt sick to my stomach after I had finished my sentence. I began to turn around to head back to where Lilly was when his hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to him.

I hated this. “LET GO!” I shouted, but all he did was discontinue his pull on me. I was breathing heavily now.

We were still centimeters apart and he began with a sad tone, “Dominique, please listen to me”.

I was surprised that he knew my name even though I had never introduced myself to him. “How do you know my name?” I questioned furrowing an eyebrow.

He seemed to fidget a little before answering, but he replied, “I have been watching you for some time now and I have noticed that you are in need of someone’s affection”.

“You were stalking me!” I spat disgustedly, “Who stalks beggars, you freak?” Right then, I stepped on his foot forcing him to release me from his grasp. I began to run toward Lilly’s direction when he quickly ran in front of me stopping me.

“Let me finish”, he pleaded, “You are ugly-” And just at that moment, I pushed him to the ground after a displeased ‘ugh’ exited my lips. I started, again, toward Lilly, but this time clutching my fists and stomping my feet.

“You didn’t let me finish”, he beseeched and without turning or stopping to face him, he continued, “You’re ugly just like me”. I stopped in my tracks shocked to what I have just heard. “The people around me question my style of clothing and hair”, he began with a miserable pitch, “The person I have a huge crush on since I was young can’t look at my face without saying ‘Look at how bushy his brows are!’”. His eyes began to water and his expression was desperate. “I noticed how people treated you and I know that they hurt you with their words and reactions just as much as they hurt me”.

I felt guilty. I took him the wrong way from the start. This was never another joke some insensitive group of teenagers was going to pull. He just wanted a friend. I walked closer to him and asked, “So what do you want from me? I have suffered more than you could imagine”. I looked straight into his black eyes as I saw my reflection mirroring off of them. “I can’t walk around town yelling ‘Uglies are Humans too!’”.

He giggled a little at my idiotic idea and said, “Since we are both ugly and nobody dares to look into our faces without vomiting, then why not help each other cope with our hideous appearance”.