Ten | Realization

**i feel like you guys expect me to say "so-and-so's outfit is in the external link" so from now on, if you see the external link or i describe an outfit, just assume it's in the external link. it's annoying always saying it and you guys probably think it's pointless of me to anyway xx

Molly made next to no noise as I directed Ashton. He kept his music off, afraid the loud guitars and drumming from the music he liked would wake her up. I told him he could play softer music but he claimed he "wasn't in the mood for it". So we mostly drove in silence except for the few whispered conversations we had.

Her doctor's appointment went fine. She hated getting things shoved in her ears and mouth, but she didn't protest as much as I thought she would. Although, she did insist that Ashton went with us into the room. I was surprised at how much he helped get her through the tests they had to run. He even took Mr Nanners from her tight grip and held it's back to his own face, talking to her in a funny voice as if he was the stuffed monkey. The doctor told us she just had the flu and would need lots of bed-rest - which Molly didn't enjoy - and gave us a prescription for some antibiotics.

The drive to get ice cream was music-filled - Ashton made sure to play nothing with bad words or references - and also drumming-filled; Ashton drummed his hands and fingers against the wheel as he drove. We ended up at Moo's ice cream shop about 15 minutes later. I got out before unbuckling Molly and holding her on my hip as she held Mr Nanners by squeezing her arms around his giant neck. This monkey was seriously half the size of her and I wondered how in the hell she managed to carry him everywhere.

"What are you in the mood for Blake One and Blake Two?" Ashton asked, a dimpled smile on his face because he thought he was just oh-so clever.

"Bubblegum!" Molly cheered, squeezing Mr Nanners even tighter.

"Of course," I chuckled at her before looking up at the menu board. "Um, do they have those shi- uh, stupid bits of strawberry in the strawberry ice cream?" I wondered, just barely catching myself from swearing in front of Molly.

Ashton shook his head. "Moo's is one of the only places I know of that doesn't."

"Finally!" I groaned. "I'll totally get some of that then."

Ashton nodded once before walking up to the counter to speak to the girl behind the screen. He ordered a kiddie bubblegum in a cone, making sure to ask for a cup and spoon with it just in case, and two two-scoop strawberry ice creams in waffle cones. 

"Can I get rainbow sprinkles for the bubblegum?" he asked as he pulled his black wallet out from his back pocket.

It was like he knew Molly. She squealed in delight at the words that left his mouth, squirming and making it hard to hold her. Ashton handed the money to the girl as I set Molly down. She immediately ran toward Ashton, dropping Mr Nanners on the ground as she went. I thought she'd go mental because she loved that monkey, but she ignored him and kept going. Jeez, if I knew rainbow sprinkles were the key to her heart, I would've kept a bottle on me during her terrible two's.

Molly wrapped her arms around Ashton's leg, leaning the bottom of her chin on him as she smiled up at him. "Thank you, Ashy." she giggled.

"Aw, it's not a problem, Molly." he smiled back, running a large hand over her brown curls.

I've said this so many times over the course of three days, but Ashton is just so different from the boys I'm used to. Maybe it's all an act, something I've suspected in the back of my mind, but maybe this is truly how Ashton is: caring and happy and understanding. If it's the latter, maybe considering this a "date" isn't as terrible as I thought it would be.