One | The Detention Room

It's only the first day at this dumb school and I'm already set for an in-school detention. Fantastic. I didn't even want to move to Australia in the first place. I didn't even understand why my moms wanted to come over here. What the hell was even here for them and us? Molly was so excited to move here, Derek didn't give a shit what happened, and I was completely apposed to the idea. But does anyone listen to me? No. Because my moms "couldn't trust me anymore". Whatever.

I left my fifth block History class and went to the office to give them the detention notice. The woman at the desk who had helped me out earlier, Ms Dennett noticed I still hadn't put on my uniform that I was given this morning - there were five, but she assured me I'd be given the other four at the end of the day. Instead, I was still wearing my deep blue skater skirt, white tank top tucked in, and white Keds. My jewelry that I was told to take off was still in tact: cuff earrings, silver bangles on my left wrist, and rings covering my fingers on both hands.

"Miss Blake," Ms Dennett addressed me, looking at me over the glasses sitting on the end of her nose. "Where's your uniform?"

"Oh, the ugly plaid skirt and blouse I was given?" I corrected. "It's in my backpack. I didn't want to wear it."

"But why?" she wondered, sounding sad for me as I handed her the purple slip.

"Did you not hear me call it ugly?" I raised my eyebrows at her.

She sighed. "I suppose you'll have to go to the detention room then."

"Yeah, kinda why I'm here." I told her. I did feel bad being rude, but I was just in such a sour mood because I didn't want to be here in the first place.

"Go to the hallway at the back of the office," she instructed, pointing down the long hallway. "It's the room at the very end."

"Thanks." I nodded before heading the way she told me to.

The hall looked like it wasn't used much. There were a couple smaller looking conference rooms here and there, but it looked like it was mostly storage of folders, filing cabinets, and school supplies. So this hall was basically only used for in-school detentions.

I reached the door and it swung open to greet me. A tall, skinny man wearing a white shirt, light blue tie, and black pants stared down at me sternly. I assumed he knew I was coming.

"Are you Samantha Blake?" he asked me in a deep voice.

Around him, I could see only two other kids sitting inside. There was a girl with dark hair and a slim face. Her cheek bones were seriously amazing. She was wearing one of the uniforms I wasn't given. It consisted of a white button-up that was left untucked, a blue and white striped tie, a blue sweatervest with a pleated skirt to match, and a blazer over it. Her thigh-high socks matched the color of the blazer, and her shoes were black Vans. She looked me over with forest green eyes, taking in my not-so-up-to-dress-code apparel.

The other was a boy with olive-toned skin and raven hair. He wore the equivalent uniform to the other girl, but with pants instead of a skirt, and minus the blazer. His shoes were white and black Vans. He eyed me with his big brown eyes as he crossed one leg over the other. He glanced to one side, nodding his head in my direction and a smirk falling over his full lips.

"Excuse me?" the man repeated. Obviously, I took too long to answer his question; I was surveying the people in the room instead.

"Yeah, that's me." I told him.

He gestured for me to walk in. I took cautious steps into the room, looking around. There were three more boys seated inside, and a girl. All of the boys were dressed the same, except one still had his blazer on. He had dirty blond hair that stuck up around his head. The second had golden-colored hair that was a curly mop on his head, and the third was a blond with hair that sort of stuck up in the front.