Sixteen | In Shock

//michael//

Work last night sucked so he really wasn't in the mood for going into school. The only reason he did was because Calum dragged his tired ass out of his room and whacked him with the throw pillows from the couch until he did get up to get ready. But then Michael used Calum's All Time Low snapback since his hair wasn't working and he was rushing, so Calum almost made them miss the bus because he didn't want Michael wearing his hat.

He wore it anyway.

They got to school and went through classes as usual. But when lunch came around, Michael noticed that the table that had had only two occupants lately was now completely empty. Where were Sam and Ashton? Oh God, was Sam fucking Ashton now too?

Michael's phone vibrating in his pocket pulled him from his thoughts.

From Princess Lottie: Meet me in the hall please?

From Princess Lottie: It's not important but still

"Who the hell are you texting?" Calum wondered because the only people Michael ever usually texted were already at the table. Calum leaned over and caught a glimpse of the name. "Why the hell is her name 'Princess' in your phone?" he laughed.

"Shut the fuck up," Michael barked, hitting Calum hard in the arm. "It's because she gets everything handed to her, alright? Now don't talk about it."

Michael pushed away from the table and stalked out of the cafeteria, not bothering with his still-full tray of food that he left back at the table. He turned the corner out of the room and found Lottie standing at the end of the hallway, staring down at her phone while she pushed her blonde hair behind her ear.

"You texted." Michael said, making her jump and look up.

"Right, yeah," she smiled. "Um, are you-"

"Hat, Clifford," Principal Vulkner's gruff voice ordered as he walked passed the two. He stopped and studied them as Michael took the hat off without a word but glared down the balding man. "Aren't you two supposed to be in class?"

"We have lunch, Sir." Lottie explained to him.

"And why aren't you there?" he quizzed.

"Well, we-"

"No excuses," he interrupted and Michael rolled his eyes because he fucking asked for a reason. "Detention, both of you."

"Wonderful." Michael groaned, turning on his heels to head back to the office.

"Tomorrow," Vulkner stopped him. "They're painting the walls today."

Vulkner continued back down the hall and Michael turned to look at Lottie. "Anyway, you were saying?"

"Are you busy after school?" she wondered sheepishly.

He shrugged. "Depends."

"I'll order pizza," she sang, flashing him her perfect smile. When he skeptically raised an eyebrow at her, she sighed and dropped the act. "Look, Leven wants to hang out tonight a-"

"That's his name!" Michael yelled, not caring that he just interrupted Lottie's explanation of why she wanted to waste her precious rich girl time with him.

"Yeah," she nodded slowly. "Anyway, he wanted to out tonight but I told him that I wouldn't be home and he asked why and I said I'd be at a friend's house and he asked where and so I told him your flat building and he said he'd be there too so now he's going to expect to see my car there so please just let me hang out in your flat for a few hours."