It's Too Late To Apologize

I met Sam in the hall on the way out of the Venue to our Limo. When we climbed inside she noticed the number written on my hand. I blurted out the whole story before she could ask me. We finally arrived back at my house. That night we stayed up until the wee hours of the morning completely fangirling. I finally crashed at about 5:45 am and got about three hours of sleep before I was awoken by my phone ringing. Great. I thought. My phone was all the way across the room. I willed myself to get up stifling over to where it laid. I answered the phone, but before I could speak I heard a familiar voice at the other end.

"Hello love, it's Zayn."

I covered the speaker on my end if the phone and let out a quick squeal. "Hey! What's up?." I spilled. Oh god that was lame.

"Nothing. I just couldn't stop thinking about you since I laid eyes on you last night!" My cheeks flushed, and I bit my lip.

"Really?" I squeaked. I'm so wierd.

"Of course. I called so early, because I couldn't wait to talk you! I didn't sleep a wink last night."

"Yeah, me either." Damn. Say something flirty. "Zayn. When can I see you again." That works. I smiled to myself.

"Well, sweetheart I have a photo shoot tomorrow, but I'm free after. So I'll see you then babe?"

Sweetheart? Babe? Oh my god.

"Yes, definitely! I can't wait to see you!" I said getting that warm fuzzy feeling in the pit of my stomach that I had missed.

"I better get of off here I have to hit the road. I've got another show tonight. Bye Love."

"Bye." I said not wanting to hang up the phone.

Later that night after Sam went home and I settled down to watch a movie with my Mom. My phone rang and as I reached down to answer it rang again. Two texts. I opened the first.

"Hey, can we talk now? I miss you so much! I hope you've had enough time to think. I'll be over tomorrow. Love, Colby."

And then the second:

"Hey beautiful! Xx ;) Love, Zayn"

Shit. My heart dropped yet raced at the same time. I had forgotten about Colby since meeting Zayn. I sat there staring at my phone as all that had happened between him flooded my mind. How he had me falling head over heels for him. Then, suddenly dropped me flat in my face with a broken heart. All for that bottle blonde slut. I don't want to see him. I didn't want to hear his pathetic excuses for cheating me. I didn't want to revisit the heartache. Too late. It's beginning again.

The next morning I showered and got dressed to take mom to work. I told her I might need it. I dropped her off and drove back home. I pulled into my driveway to find Colby's car already parked. I got out and found him waiting on the porch. He was sitting on the front steps. He stood up as I approached.

"Lexi. Can we talk." I stood there looking him over for a moment before I spoke. He looked rough like maybe he hadn't been sleeping.

I sighed. "Yeah. I guess." We went inside and sat on the couch.

He placed his hand on my thigh "I'm so sorry Lexi I..."

I moved his hand from my thigh and cut him off. "You know what I don't want to hear your excuses. It's too late to apologize." I reprimanded.

A/N: Sorry, writers block! Hopefully I'll think of something soon and make a longer chapter next time! Xx