Different

After Colby left I went up to my room and threw my stuff on my desk. I kicked off my shoes, went into the bathroom to change into sweats, and put my hair up into a messy bun. I plopped down on the bed. I laid there for a few minutes unsure what to do. I was so confused. Colby was acting so odd.. so unusual.. so.. different.

He's my best friend, I know him like the back of my hand. But this side of him I had not seen. I mean yeah, he's always been nice to me and complimented me, but this time it was different.. almost as if.. he was.. flirting..

What if he was?

No. There's no way.

About an half an hour later my phone rang. It was Colby. 

"Hello there beautiful" he said confidently.

"Uhh hey, what's up.." I staggered.

"What's wrong babe?' He sounded worried.

Babe? Did he really just call me babe? What is going on? This wasn't like him.

"Nothing. It's just you have been acting a lot different today..." 

"What do you mean?" 

"I mean y.."

He was obviously brushing it off, and I didn't want the conversation to get anymore awkward then it already was so i made up an excuse to get off the phone.

"You know what C I have to go Mom needs me. I'll uh.. catch up to you later.. bye" I blurted.

"Okay, buh bye hun" 

Hun? 

I was so confused and I felt bad for blowing him off. I needed to think. I went downstairs and left my phone instead grabbing my One Direction CD. I looked for Mom and found her in her room reading.

"I'm going to borrow the car for a while. I won't be gone long" I rushed

"Okay that's fine, but remember your curfew" she said seeming to notice my puzzled composure.

I grabbed the keys and drove to my favorite spot in town. The bluff on the west side. When I got there I turned my CD up loud and got out of the car leaving the windows down so I could hear the music from outside the car. I climbed up on the hood and laid back. I could see all of my small town from here. The tall buildings, the house tops, the moving cars, and the lights. Everything. This was the perfect spot.