Thirty

Disclaimer: I hate posting a disclaimer at the beginning of a chapter because of spoilers, buuut, I want everyone to be aware before they start reading. So, this is probably the scariest chapter I've ever written. I've been dreading it for a while now, and the reason being, is that there is a lot of drug talk in it. I haven't really delved into Isaac's drug problems as much as I would have liked because once I realized that I actually have managed to gain a decent audience (<3), that means I could potentially give people ideas. It's kind of terrifying because there is definitely a very thin line between being informative or realistic and then romanticizing an issue.

I am still a total newbie writer who doesn't really know what she's doing, so if it does seem like I'm romanticizing it just know that that's the absolute last thing I want to do!! Drugs are bad mmm'kay, even prescription drugs when they are abused, and just...don't be Isaac. Nothing about it is cool.

Also, everything that I've written about is factual and taken from my textbooks, but if you would like a source for anything, let me know!

ENJOY

________________

"Isaaaaac," Alice quietly sang with a large white mug in her hands, filled with fresh black coffee. When Isaac remained curled up with the blanket up to his ears, she leaned over, and gently shook his shoulder, whispering, "Isaac, it's time to wake up."

He began to stir and his blue eyes fluttered open, trailing from the mug of coffee to her face. Reflexively, he reached out to grab her hand with his and he sleepily sighed, a serene smile pulling his lips to reveal his small dimples.

Although she rolled her eyes when Isaac closed his eyes again to nuzzle his face back into the pillow, she couldn't pull her hand away from his. The way his thumb traced the smallest circles around her thumb made her skin tingle. It felt like she was back in sixth grade and her crush just asked her to slow dance at a middle school dance.

So innocent.

Just as she expected at any second, the smile on Isaac's face fell and his forehead wrinkled as he slowly opened his eyes. His neck turned to the hand holding Alice's before turning back to the coffee mug in her hands.

As if Alice's hand turned into hot embers, he jolted away and slid his back up the headboard of the bed, shifting his body away from her.

"Alice!?" He asked, his eyes growing larger each second. "What the hell are you doing in my house?"

A part of her had been counting on that exact reaction and she didn't even try to stop herself from giggling.

"You're in my house, dummy," she said, laughing even harder when Isaac's face grew more confused as he scanned her posters on the bedroom walls.

"Why am I - " he started, but the memories of the previous night visibly flooded his brain, and his whole body sunk back down to the bed. "Oh god."

"Yep," she nodded and took a seat beside him at the foot of the bed. "Coffee?"

Isaac replied with a loud groan and pulled the blanket over his head.

"I'll just set this here," she said, leaning over to set the coffee beside the lamp on the side table. "How are you feeling, big guy?"

"What time is it?" he weakly said through the blanket, ignoring her question entirely.

"Five in the morning."

He threw off the blanket and gawked at her, completely appalled.

"Why the hell are you awake at five in the morning?"