Twenty One

HI GUYS I'M BACK! I wrote this REALLY FAST and just wanted it posted ASAP, so I'm sorry for any typos! <3

-------------

Alice pulled her purple blanket over her head, groaning as she ignored her vibrating cell phone. Mark had been calling her all morning, probably to grovel for forgiveness after the previous night's extravagant shit-show starring Simon.

There were a lot of awkward ways Alice envisioned that evening going...but nothing prepared her for that.

Immediately after the vibrating ended, it started up again.

"Go away," she moaned into her pillow before reaching for the phone to turn it off. It would be at least a couple days before she would feel ready to talk to Mark. Considering all the years of inconsiderate actions Mark had done to Alice, it was impressive that she finally found a winner for the worst. Inviting Simon and feeding him with inaccurate stories about her and Isaac took the cake. He really outdid himself this time.

             Knock. Knock. Knock.

She shot up from her pillow and froze.

"That fucker had better not be at my house," she said before jumping off her bed to find her new favorite black sweater to cover her bralette. Before exiting her bedroom, she glanced in the mirror to grimace at the growing black circles under her eyes. She reached for her concealer to dab the makeup under her eyes but paused.

"Fuck Mark," she said and set the makeup back on her desk. "He's not worth getting prettied up for."

            Knock. Knock. Knock.

She sighed and trudged to the door, every footstep weighing her down as she dreaded seeing her lovely boyfriend's idiotic face.

Much to her delight, when she opened the door it wasn't Mark. Instead, it was a glum-looking Emily, her blonde hair pulled back in a messy bun, leaning her face against the doorframe.

"Hey," she said, her bottom lip trembling as she traced a small heart on the door.

"Hello," Alice said, tilting her head and frowning at Emily's somber aura. "You alright?"

"No..." She sighed loudly and dragged herself into Alice's living room, flopping on the couch and immediately shifted her body into the fetal position. "I ate a whole pizza last night."

"Huh?" Alice followed Emily to the couch, taking a seat beside her feet.

"And then I ate a whole pint of Ben and Jerrys ice cream," she said in a slow zombie-like voice. "And then today I had waffles."

"That sounds...delicious?"

"No," Emily said. "It sounds like over 8000 calories."

"Calories are delicious."

Emily glowered at Alice. "I haven't binged like this in years, Alice! This is a travesty. I've gained thirty pounds in a night."

Alice giggled and patted Emily's ankle. "You haven't gained thirty pounds overnight. You're still looking as hot as ever."

"Lies, lies, lies," Emily moaned, shoving her face into the couch's cushion. "I'm a whale."

"Yeah, okay," Alice snorted. "If you're a whale then I'm Jupiter."

"I hate everything."

Alice cocked her neck at Emily and shifted so she could rub her back. "Okay, what's going on?"