Chapter 16 - Enjoy The Moment Whilst It Lasts

Laying together in each other’s arms in Cyn’s bed. Who knew it would have ended up like that.

Cyn

Cyn opened her eyes and looked at the time, it was 5am. She couldn’t believe it, she had missed the gig. As she lay there naked laying on Erica’s chest, she felt the warmth from Erica’s body as she remained tightly gripped by Erica. Even though she would put on a front, deep down this was somewhere she wanted to be. She looked over and saw her phone flash, as she grabbed her phone she saw several missed calls. Calls from Mary, her friends and the promoter from the club. As bad as it was, she should have attempted to reply to them but there was no point. The club would have been closed, so instead she relocated herself back comfortably in Erica’s arms and closed her eyes.

Erica

Erica’s alarms went off at 6:30am, she didn’t need that much sleep at all. Time is money and she had the mentality that she wasn’t going to waste time sleeping when she could be earning. As she leant over to turn off the alarm, she looked over and saw a beauty resting on her. She held a huge smile on her face, she couldn’t believe that Cyn was there: that they were in the same bed and they had just made love. Not just hot passionate sex but love. As Erica got flashbacks from the night, she had a smirk on her face. She rubbed her fingers up and down Cyn’s arm and started playing with her hair. She wanted to embrace every moment she could because she could only anticipate what it would be like once they both woke up. Erica watched Cyn sleep for a moment, until she felt a movement from Cyn. As soft and quiet that she tried to be, she still managed to wake Cyn up. Cyn turned so that she was facing Erica and smiled at her.

Cyn: “You love playing with my hair don’t you?”

Erica: “Yeah and watching you sleep, you look mad sexy when you sleep!”

Cyn just stared at Erica and shared a little giggle.

Cyn: “Whatever! You made me miss ma gig you know?”

Erica: “No I never, if you wanted to go, you would have!”

Cyn: “How could I go if I had to entertain a guest?”

Erica: “I’m a guest now” She said this with a serious tone in her voice, as she grabbed hold of both of Cyn’s hand. Cyn looked at her with a cheeky smirk and began to nod her hand. As she tried to wriggle away from Erica’s tight grip, she struggled.

Erica: “You’re not going anywhere, if you go somewhere I am coming too”

The girls both laughed together. Eventually Erica let go off Cyn’s hand and pulled her towards her. They looked in each other’s eyes and neither of them could stop smiling. Regardless of everything that had previously happened in this particular moment, they were both happy and glad to be with each other.

Cyn: “Let’s go somewhere now then”

Erica: “Where and when? I’ve got to get up and leave just now” As Erica told Cyn this, Cyn rolled her eyes. She had heard this all before. She sighed and thought to herself Erica and her busy schedule.

Cyn: “Oh yeah I forgot how busy you are”

Erica: “Don’t start that.. I’m not saying we can’t go nowhere, it just can’t be this exact moment”

Cyn: “Yeah I know that… Forget I said it” The disappointment and sadness was apparent in Cyn’s voice and Erica realised this. As much as Erica wanted to fly out somewhere with Cyn, it just couldn’t happen straight away, she had projects coming up and she was extremely busy.

Erica: “Baby one day I can take you whenever and wherever you want, hold me to that” As she said this she grabbed hold of Cyn’s hand and made their hands link together. She held her hand tightly with no attempting of letting go. Cyn tried to avoid eye contact with Erica but she couldn’t, to some extent she did understand Erica’s schedule and wanted to believe so bad what she was telling her.