Chapter 8 - For The Love Of Martha

Cyn

Mary was trying to get Cyn drunk. All these shots she was making her take just to get her mind of things were working. She was beginning to forget about what had happened with Erica earlier. Mary had just got another round it.

Cyn said giggling: “Mary I think this is enough for me” She began patting Mary and grinning from ear to ear. Mary was also laughing, she wasn’t any better at controlling her drink than Cyn was.

Mary: “Let’s just do a few more, it’s been a while since we have been able to enjoy ourselves.” She continued to laugh and smile her worries away. She was also have problems with her partner. The thing about Cyn and Mary’s friendship is they were able to relate to each other and they could both confide in each other.

Cyn: “You know what, I don’t care, for fucks sake let’s do it” Cyn was actually in her element today.

Regardless of all the drama with Erica she was beginning to enjoy herself. The drinks were making her forget all her worries. The night was dawning on the two girls, the next thing Cyn turned on her phone because she had turned it off for the whole night and it was already midnight. The girls had been at the bar for ages and they couldn’t believe how quickly the night was going. Yet they were still continuing to drink.

All the texts she had received were coming through. To her surprise from all the messages she received, there was not one from Erica. Cyn felt some way towards this but she was in no position to demand or expect anything from Erica because she had told her didn’t want to talk to her. One of the messages she received was from one of her home girls Tammy, who had sent her a photo. Cyn opened the message and stared hard at the photo. It was quite dark in the photo, but she could see Erica in the photo and some other girl all over her. Cyn gave a disgusted look at the image and she felt herself becoming jealous. She didn’t like the way the girl was all over Erica because despite their arguing she still belonged to Erica and vice versa.

Cyn said to Mary: “Look at this fascade!” Both her and Mary looked at each other, to be honest they weren’t shocked, just surprised yet they began to laugh. So soon after the incident Erica was already out in the club with other girls. Cyn was use to his behaviour from Erica, but she didn’t know how to control her feelings. It didn’t help that she had been drinking, she knew she would end up doing something silly. She stared at her phone for 5 seconds and then began to dial Erica’s number. She let the phone ring to voice mail but there was no answer. In her mind, deep down she knew it was a good thing that Erica didn’t answer, because in her drunken state she didn’t know how she would conduct herself.

Two seconds later, Cyn’s phone began to ring. It was Erica. She was contemplating whether to answer it or not. However, she got a boost of confidence from all the drink she had been drinking. She answered it.

Cyn: “Yeah, Erica?”

Erica: “Don’t come at me like that…. You just rang me? Be grateful I rang you back” Erica was confused as to the attitude she received when she rang Cyn back. How dare she ring her and then act this way with her, she wasn’t having it.

Cyn was shocked with the way Erica was handling the situation but she continued. “Yes I rang you but you didn’t answer, guess your occupied ay?”

Erica: “Occupied? What the fuck, I’m at the club, I had to go find a room to go to so I could hear you” Erica was still confused as what Cyn was ringing her for. She continued: “If you haven’t got anything to say, then let me get on with my night”

Cyn was taken aback by that remark: “You know what... I wanted to talk to you. But whatever go ahead with your bitches”

Erica was beginning to get annoyed. She hadn’t posted any photos on her Instagram that would indicate she was all over girls. She began to shout: “Bitches? What bitches? You know the club scene, fuck you talking about?”