Chapter 14 - No Place Like The Club

Ever since the meeting with Cyn, Erica had been set on trying to keep Cyn sweet. She needed to ensure that Cyn was part of love and hip hop with her, mainly because of the ratings but she generally wanted her to be part of it. She knew Cyn was a ride or die chick but with Cyn’s new found confidence and attitude she wasn't too sure. Even though they hadn't spoken much before the meeting, after their encounter with Mona, Erica was making more effort to communicate with Cyn. She would text or call her every day and this day was no different. She picked up her phone and dialed Cyn’s number and waited for her response.

Cyn

It was beginning to be a routine that Erica called Cyn each morning. Cyn was getting use to this and it did make her feel secure knowing that even though they weren’t necessarily on the best terms they could still be friendly with each other. If they did ever finish it fully, the only thing Cyn would want would be to remain friends with Erica. As she looked down at her phone and saw the caller, she decided to let the phone ring for a bit, let Erica squirm before she eventually decided to answer it. This is because she didn’t want Erica to get too comfortable.

Erica: “You took your time, what were you doing?”

All Cyn could do was laugh at what Erica had just said. It was clear that Erica had forgotten that Cyn did have a life on her own.

Cyn: “I don’t just wait around for your calls you know that right?”

Erica: “Yeah I know, I just asked what you were doing? You just took longer than usual..”

Cyn: “Aww whatever Erica, well I’m just about to go to the salon”

Erica: “Oh yeah isit? What about after that?”

Cyn: “I don’t know.. The girls are asking me to go out with them for a few drinks so I’m not sure”

Erica: “Oh ok, I got a gig tonight at Cameo”

Cyn: “No surprise there then, you know the club is your home”

Erica didn’t know whether to be offended or take it is a joke. To be sensible she laughed it off.

Erica: “Your taking the piss”

Both of them laughed together, it was like the old days.

Cyn: “Is it though! Anyways I need to get going, so I’ll speak to you later?”

Erica: “Yeah ok, I’ll ring you later or something”

Cyn: “Okay”

Erica

Knowing that she had spoken to Cyn was a good feeling. They were making progression and the way it was going at the moment was best for both of them. It allowed time for Erica to focus on herself and getting her money. She had plans for today to spend the day with her son. As she arrived outside her mum’s house to pick up her son, she beeped the horn and watched her son run to the car. He was the most precious thing in her life and nothing made her happier than seeing and providing for her son. Erica stopped the engine and got out and ran towards King.

King: “Momma!”

Erica: “My macho man! How are you?”

She knelt down and put her arms out allowing King to run into them. It was special moments like this that made Erica grind the way she did.

King: “I’m good momma”

Erica: “That’s good baby! I got a fun filled day for us” She said gushing with emotions, she was so excited to be spending the day with her son.

King: “Let’s get going then mom!”

Erica waved off to her mother and got in the car. Erica had a feeling, today would be a good day and with the way it was going, she generally believed this.