Chapter 9 - Unwanted Guests

Cyn eyes were closed. She couldn’t believe what was happening. She opened her eyes, in shock to see who was in front of her. The person began forcing themselves on top of her, trying to kiss her and attempting to kiss all over her neck. Cyn froze in the situation and began thinking about her thoughts and the circumstances she was in. She opened up her eyes to double check the person holding her tightly, she stared deeply in their eyes and a sense of passion, history and tension began to rise. Cyn was not going to be sucked in so she pushed the person and began to shout at them.

Cyn: “Get the fuck off me, how the fuck are you in my house, what the fuck is going on?”

Person: “I wanted to surprise you”

Cyn stood looking at the person for several moments; she couldn’t get her head around what was actually going on in the presence of her own home. She was deeply concerned to how the person managed to get inside. She had no time to think these questions to herself but instead asked the person.

Cyn: “What you mean, surprise? I haven’t seen you in forever. How dare you come up in my house likes this?” The anger in her voice was extremely obvious. Her face was red and her fists were clinched as if she was about to fight.

Person: “Cyn come on, surprises like this you use to love back in the old days. Stop getting angry.”

Cyn: “The old days. What the fuck is wrong with you. We aren’t living in the past, I’m focused on the new days and you aren’t part of that”

She began to calm down she knew exactly who the person was and their failed tempt to seduce her to an extent was amusing but concerning at the same time. If anything she learnt from her psychology classes was to think about the situation from the other person’s point of view and not take everything so seriously. She walked over to the door, smiling to herself. As much as she wanted to be angry, she couldn’t. In some ways it was cute what they were trying to do and Cyn liked exciting things like this, but now wasn’t the time. Had this had happened before she met Erica it would have been a different story. Even though her and Erica were not on the best of terms and they were taking time away from each other, she clarified as a taken lady. Standing by the front door:

Cyn: “Come on, get out ma house now please, this is just crazy”

Person: “Well my attempt clearly didn’t work. I ain’t mad at ya, I know you still want me so it’s all good, that look in your eyes confirmed it for me”

Cyn: “It confirmed nothing, don’t play with me like that.”

The person laughed as they began to walk down the stairs. Cyn let the person lead and she followed after. She was still in shock, but was still determined to get some answers.

Cyn: “How did you get in my house? Did Mary let you in?”

She thought to herself, how dare Mary let people up in her house. No wonder why she was quick to go home because she knew she had set her up. Or was it Martha? It was suspect as to why she came round early hours of the morning with computer problems. That should have been a sign that Cyn spotted.

Person: “I told Martha I wanted to surprise you…. And she was in on it. She said she had seen you constantly miserable and so she thought this might have cheered you up”

Cyn began to laugh. It was funny to her to see Martha trying to plot and scheme but the outcome was inevitable. This person she was talking to, was someone she used to love and someone she used to care deeply about but not anymore. There was history there between the two but that was her past and Cyn knew this. If she was seen miserable or upset then the person responsible for that would have been Erica, but clearly Martha didn’t know this. Cyn appreciated Martha’s concern but it was a lousy attempt.