Chapter 11 - Snap Snap

Enroute to the photo shoot

During the car journey, Erica managed to contact her alternative make-up artist Samantha who luckily was free and able to fulfil Erica’s demand on such short notice. She arrived at the photo shoot venue, at a similar time to Erica which worked perfectly for Erica. In her head, Erica was still raging because she hadn’t heard from Roxie but she couldn’t let her jeopardise her performance at the photo shoot. She managed to put on a strong face and began walking into the premise with her team following behind her. Once they entered, they placed all their bags at the side and the team began to set up, whilst Erica stood and watched. Erica kept checking her phone just to see if Roxie had finally contacted her, she was ready to shout at her and give her a full mouthful, but yet again there was nothing. Erica decided to call her one more time, because deep down she cared for Roxie and that was one of her loyalist friends, but this time it went straight to voicemail and didn’t even ring. After that Erica knew her so called friend had turned her phone off and was simply ignoring her. Nonetheless, she decided to call someone that would make her smile, her baby boy.

Erica: “Hey mom, you alright? Is King there?”

Erica’s mum: “Hey sweetheart, yeah I’m fine my dear, and yeah I will just pass him on”

Erica felt a sigh of relief knowing that King and her mother were all well. She was anxious and excited to hear her son’s voice, as it had been a few days since she last saw him.

King: “Hey mummy”

Erica: “Hey baby! How is mum’s favourite boy?”

King: “I’m doing good mum, when you coming home? I want you to help me with my school project!”

Erica started to laugh, King always wanted help with his school homework. Erica’s help was always limited when it came to education though because she never finished school. However, she was always prepared to help her son reach his fullest potential.

Erica: “I will be home in a few days King, we can start then?”

King: “Yeah that sounds good, I am so excited, we have to visit these places, it’s gonna be awesome”

Samantha and Candice both gave Erica a look which indicated she needed to start her hair and make-up. They were ready for her.

Erica: “I am excited aswell! I have to get back to work now King, I will ring you when I finish. Behave yourself and tell grandma I say bye. I love you to the moon and back”

King: “Ok mum! I will tell her now! And mummy, I love you to the stars and back”

Erica smiled. She loved her son more than words could describe and the reason why she worked so much was to make sure he could have the best lifestyle. A lifestyle that she didn’t have when she was growing up. Regardless, of her unreliable friend, she was determined more than ever to exceed expectations at this photo shoot.

Erica: “Bye King” She said as she hung up the phone. She was grinning from ear to ear as she walked over to the styling team. She sat down on the chair and let her team begin their magic. They starting talking and having a gossip, all Erica could do was focus on her family and this photo shoot: she knew she was about to conquer this photo shoot.

Cyn

Cyn was being extremely lazy this morning even though she had a long list of different things she had to do. After her latest conversation with Erica, she didn’t seem to be in the mood anymore to even move from her bed. She had already gotten in the bath, and was laying down in her dressing gown thinking about all her worries. She just wanted to stay in her bed all day and wish all her problems away. As much as she tried to she couldn’t stop thinking about Erica and her attitude towards her. She was beginning to think was it worth all this pain and misery to still try and continue their relationship, it was clear it wasn’t working for a reason. Plus her facade from her ex was also playing an effect in Cyn’s thinking pattern. She was too young to be going through this much trouble, especially in a relationship that wasn’t that much over a year. Before, she could continue with her thinking pattern, she was interrupted with a phone call. It was her older sister Ana, she answered it.

Ana: “Hey sister, are you ready to go?”

Cyn: “Hey, just about..I’m ready and everything, just sorta hanging around”

Ana: “Well I hope you know what the time is..”

Cyn said in a strange tone: “Off course I know what the time is”

Both of the sisters laughed at the same time.

Ana: “You’re so crazy! Anyways I’ll be outside in 10mins, so make sure you’re ready!!”

Cyn: “Yes Boss, see you in a bit”

Even though Cyn had told her sister she was ready, she was far from it. She hadn’t even got changed. She laughed to herself and put on some music to play from her ipad. The first song was Beyonce: “Be With You”. The memories for this song came flooding back from this song. This was the song she performed a seductive dance to for Erica. Cyn shook her head, even though she was going through her problems with Erica, they definitely had some good memories and Cyn couldn’t deny or dismiss that. She started to re-enact the routine whilst she looked through her wardrobe to find something to wear. Cyn clearly zoned out into her memories listening to that song because before she knew it there was a beep from outside. Cyn couldn’t believe her sister was already outside. She quickly put on a top and jeans and grabbed the first jacket she could find. She looked a state but honestly she was in that period of life where she didn’t really care. It was better sometimes if she dressed down because less people would regonise her. Although this was never the case, there was always one or two fans that stopped her, not that she didn’t like it but she never anticipated that her fan base would be this large. After locking the door, she began walking over to the car. Her sister was already standing outside of the car pointing at her watch on her wrist. Cyn began to run and jumped onto her sister. Shrugging and pushing Cyn off her, she said:

Ana: “I knew you wouldn’t  be ready”

Cyn: “Oh please, I was ready a long time ago, was waiting on you”

Cyn had a huge smile on her face. She was excited to see her sister. As her sister worked often and was married with her own family, she didn’t see her as much she wanted but when they were with each other it was like the old days. They began their journey with the first stop visiting their auntie.

Erica

Erica was working the photo shoot, she was getting constant praise from the photographer and she was really enjoying herself. She looked the bomb and she knew it! The photographer smiled at her to signal the last photo was done as he walked over to her.

Photographer: “That’s a wrap!  Well done Erica. You did really well today!”

Erica was blushing, as she started looking through the photos from the camera.

Erica: “Thank you. I really enjoyed today!”

Photographer: “It’s a normal procedure with you now isn’t it! That last angel you gave me was fierce!”

Erica: “Well I have to work it don’t i?! You will send the selected ones right”

They both began to laugh as the photographer nodded his head.

Photographer: “Yeah, you know the deal already. I will choose the photo’s I will be using for the edit and send them to you so you can confirm if you want that one to be used?”

Erica: “Sounds good to me!”

Erica’s phone began to ring. It was over at the table where Albee and Candice were. They shouted over to Erica who was in a mist of conversation with the photographer who was praising her work.

Candice: “Erica, your phone?”

Erica looked over to Candice, but as she was enjoying the compliments she was receiving from the photographer, she didn’t want to answer it.

Erica: “Can you answer it? Who is it?”

Candice: “There’s no name, but yeah I will see who it is”

As Erica and the photographer continued their conversation for a few moments, Candice came charging over to them. The way she stormed over made Erica aware that something was going on. She looked at the photographer, said her goodbyes and gave him a hug. He made a swift exit, just before Candice arrived who looked shocked and upset at the same time.

Erica: “What is it Candice?”

Candice: “It’s Roxie”