viii

Mika's POV

"Bakit 'di maitama ang tadhana..."

I sang quietly with the radio, looking at the road as if I was in a sad music video.

"AT NAKITA KITA SA TAGPUAN NI BATHALA..."

When I stopped at a red light, I was probably going to be heard by the drivers in the cars next to me.

I was driving my way to training just as the sun began to rise on my dashboard.

Habang nagmamaneho ako, nage-emote din, so parang 2 in 1 package.

I was in a better mood today, and 'Tagpuan' matched my mood; wronged, pero hopeful.

When I walked inside the gym, everyone was gathered around in a little circle, gossiping about something.

Some people were exhibiting things on their phones, while the others reacted violently.

"Grabe naman yun kung LQ lang diba?"

"Sayang din—ang tagal na nila eh."

I overheard, as I layed my things down by the bleachers.

They seemed too distracted to notice when I found my spot next to Pia. Sino naman 'tong pinagchi-chismisan nila?

"Psst, Pia." I poked the libero on the shoulder, snapping her out of focus.

"Ano yun, Ye?" She looked at me with raised eyebrows, just a little annoyed.

Someone mentioned something funny, and she laughed; but I scrambled to get her attention back.

"Teka, anong nangyayari?" Pia didn't seem to understand me.

"Mas-close ka kay Ara diba? 'Musta naman siya?" Pia answered me with another question.

This made me even more confused.

"Guys, ano ba, anong nangyayari?" I pouted, and pulled on Pia's arm.

This time, most of my team mates stopped and looked at me, as if they expected me to know.

"'Di mo talaga alam?" Sagot ni Pia, halatang naiinip sa kakulitan ko.

"Break na raw kasi sina Ara at Bang, pero 'di pa kami 100% sure." Mela finally cut in, after Pia was slow to answer.

It took me a second for that to sink in, and still, I didn't know what to feel. Ara and Bang broke up. Okay, that happens. Maybe I should check if they're okay.

"Ay, sayang... Paano niyo nalaman?" I tried to find the words to say through my confusion.

Pia put her phone in front of me, showing me tweets from fans about how Bang deleted all the photos she had with, and of Ara on Instagram and Facebook. She also unfollowed Ara, and deactivated her Twitter account. "Grabe naman."

"You know what they say; public relationship leads to public break up." She shrugged.

"Hindi yun yung masagwa." Ces chimed in. "Sinasabi ng mga tao na cheater daw si Ara."

I felt a large blow to my stomach. Kilala ko si Ara, kilala ng lahat si Ara; hindi niya kayang gawin yun; I shook my head in denial. Bakit hindi iniisip ng mga tao kung anong nararamdaman ni Ara? Si Bang lang ba ang nawalan ng kasintahan?

Wala silang alam.

I was obviously upset by that fact. My voice and fingers began shaking as I spoke. "Hindi—hindi! Kilala ko si A—"