vi

-flashback-

January, 2013

Ara's POV

When I woke up, I panicked when I saw the sunlight already peeking through the blinds.

I tried to jolt up to the shower because I was probably late for training, or class, or something important that I haven't realized just yet. My heart was pounding with adrenaline for a split second, when everything stopped.

"Daks, Sunday ngayon." Mika still had her arm around my waist, and probably was still 90% asleep, judging by her lazy voice. Her grip tightened, as if trying to lure me back to sleep.

Sanay na sanay na yun eh.

I took a deep sigh, and turned to face Mika. I loved the way she looked in her sleep; bed head, mouth parted, and slight snores escaping her lips. Sometimes she would drool, pero cute siya dahil mukha siyang baby—baby damulag. I felt my lips curl up into a toothy smile.

"Daks, ang baho kaya ng hininga mo." Nanlaki ang mga mata ko.

"Ay, sorry, toothbr—" I turned around, and was about to get up, when she pressed her face into my back. Grabe talaga 'tong alaga ko, parang bukol.

"5 more minutes." I felt her voice vibrate into my shoulder blade. I felt her put her legs over my feet, because she pushed herself down so far, that her feet were over the edge of the bed. Pangarap siguro niyang maging maliit.

Pinabayaan ko lang siya na gawin akong Teddy Bear hanggang may bumukas ng pinto namin.

"Huy, bangon na, love birds." Cyd nagged with her head through the opening. Mika groaned into my back, and Cyd just sighed. "Sige kayo, walang matitira para sa inyo."

I stood up, detaching myself from Mika's death grip. Then, I tried pulling her out of bed because I knew she would complain about being hungry and how 'I didn't wake her up on time'.

Pero walang nangyari; hindi siya gumalaw.

"Daks, ano ba, magrereklamo ka na naman." I scolded.

She buried her head into the pillow. I sighed and went to my last resort—tickling her.

I poked her ribs and stomach and she thrashed and gasped for air, almost kicking me.

"UGH, NAKAKAINIS KA." She finally stood up and hit me on the shoulder.

I just laughed at her, and she pouted. So, I put my arms around her waist as we went down for breakfast. Kahit mahirap bumaba sa hagdan, okay lang, basta't kasama ko siya.

Kakayanin ko ang lahat ng hirap, basta't kasama ko siya.

"Hay nako, huli na naman sila."  There were only two plates set on the table, accompanied by Ate Aby calling us out, sighing.

Ate Mowky laughed at her. "Pagbigyan mo na, cute naman eh." She hugged Ate Aby. "Aalis muna ako, may group research kasi ako."

Rest day namin today, at para sa marami, ito ang araw na ginagamit para sa thesis, gala, unli-tulog, at kung anu-ano pa. Kaya ngayon, halos tahimik ang dorm.

Magkatabi kami ni Mika habang kumakain ng almusal namin na Longganisa. Kumakain lang kami in silence, nung naalala ko yung mukha niya habang natutulog siya.