ii

Ara's POV

There are many different types of pollution; to name a few, air pollution, water pollution, light pollution,

and noise pollution.

Noise pollution.

NOISE POLLUTION.

I was already annoyed with the 6pm EDSA rush hour traffic, pero kailangang sabayan ni Bang ng paghiyaw niya.

Bang and I were on the way home from training, since I picked her up after I was done with mine. She was in the passenger's seat, screaming the lyrics to some generic pop song on the radio; a song I was likely uninterested in. Trust me, I don't really mind when people sing around me; but please know your limits. The noise pollution was almost giving me a migraine.

Or perhaps I just liked the quiet too much.

"Eh, kung may gusto kang sabihin, edi sabihin mo! Totoong buhay 'to, hindi Pinoy Henyo. Ano? Dapat hulaan ko pa?"

My heart dropped at the memory. I felt myself zone out and grip the steering wheel.

"VIC!" I snapped out of my daze when the cars were moving around me, the horns beeping, and Bang shouting my name came to my senses at last. My pulse rate sped up even further, as I stepped on the gas pedal.

That moment almost gave me a heart attack, but at least Bang stopped singing.

We arrived in our condo unit 3 hours later; relatively good period of time, since we lived in a busy area in Manila.

I was drained and starved from the traffic, and I knew Bang had to be as well; but I think she was on one of those diet regimens again. So, she just drank a glass of non-fat milk.

"Baby, matutulog na ako." She then disappeared into the bedroom, leaving me alone at the dining table, eating cold pandesal (tamad na ako, okay).

Although I was tired, I was still wide awake. I've had this sleeping problem since college, when I moved to Manila from Angeles. Mika always said it was homesickness, and until now, I still haven't gotten used to it.

I paused for a second at the thought of her.

My heart sank in its place.

No, I'm not cheating on my girlfriend–it's just a thought. Naalala ko lang siya, that's it. Walang kahalong damdamin o kahit ano, promise.

Anyways, I've been having these sleeping problems. During the rough nights, I take sleeping pills I hate because they give me nightmares. Bang always tells me to take them though, she can't sleep if I keep tossing and turning. After all, she's the one who brought me to the doctor because of my 'issues'.

I'd like to think she's caring that way, as we've been together for so many years.

I let out a sigh, letting go of all my thoughts. I reached for another piece of bread, but my fingers were only met with the cold surface of the plate. With that, I stood to wash my plate in the sink. I ended up washing Bang's glass as well, as she was probably too tired already.

Sadly, I was too tired to sleep.

I decided that tonight was going to be one of those bad nights, as I was already extremely drained but still unable to rest. Also, I had 6am training tomorrow, so I needed sleep.

I grabbed my pill box from a drawer in the cabinet. I opened it, downed a pill, and headed to bed.

When I got to the bedroom, she was already fast asleep. Luckily, as I creeped in, I felt the medicine kick in.

I migrated under the sheets, feeling as if I could take over the world.

Bang's POV

I felt Vic move around beside me.

Huh? Gising pa ba 'to?

"Mmmmmmm wag." I heard her slur, mouth lazily agape, and eyes shut tight.

She probably took the sleeping pills.

My first instinct was to grab my phone and film her talking in her sleep. Ang cute eh, pasensya na po.

When I got my phone from the bedside table, I waited for her to begin talking again.

"Bakit?" I pressed record as she slurred.

"Mmmahal kita eh! Bakit ba?" I held back my chuckles. Parang may hugot si baby.

"Huh? Ba't ka umaalis." Tears began to fall from Vic's eyes. With that, I stopped recording.

"Shhhh, baby, panaginip lang 'yan." I put my arms around her, rocking her slowly.

When I did this, her cries just increased.

"Vic—"

"Ye, please." I froze in place

Ye?

As in... Mika?

I stopped talking and listened to her.

"Ye, bakit ka uma—" The rest of her sentence became nonsense before she continued, "Ye, wag please."

Vic's subconsciously grabbed me tightly; akala ba nito ako si Mika?

Nagpatuloy ang hagulgol niya hanggang mabitawan niya ang mga salitang winasak ang puso ko.

"Ye, mahal kita; mahal na mahal. Please."