Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

A few days after the lost against the Kings, I had a soccer game.

My nerves were high. I had that problem ever since I started being a goal keeper; getting nervous. 

I was in the car going to Northwestern with Brandon and he could tell I was nervous. He gripped my hand.

"You'll do fantastic." He assured me.

"I hope."

"I know you will. There's a reason you're the starting keeper. You are better than the rest."

I smiled.

"Thanks." 

Once we got to the school, I jumped out of the passenger seat with all my gear. I stopped and leaned back into the car to give Brandon a quick kiss.

"Hey, good luck!" Brandon said.

"Thank you again, Brandon."

I then rushed into the building.

***

It was a blur of pain.

My ankle was broken, no doubt.

The opposing forward slide tackled into me when I had possession. I immediately went to the ground with a scream. I released the ball and the forward got up, kicked the ball in, and celebrated.

The referee blew his whistle as loud as he could and was shouting at the girl.

I was on the ground, my fist hitting the ground because of the pain. There was too much going on in my head to cry. But I was screaming.

The pain was unbearable. 

My vision started to get blurry and everything sounded muffled. 

My coach, some teammates, and paramedics surrounded me.

Even through all of the commotion, I heard a familiar voice shouting. But the voice was scared. I saw a blur break through the group of people surrounding me and grab onto my hand, which calmed me down. I knew it was Brandon.

But, my eye sight soon left me and I was oblivious to everything.