Chapter Eleven

The Blues series: won.

The Wild series: won.

The Kings series: lost.

Game seven against the Kings went into OT and they scored. I was in the stands when they scored and then out of my seat when the Kings scored. I quickly made my way down to the locker room door. I stayed there for thirty minutes, thinking of the right time to go in. 

I wasn't sad and I wasn't mad. I felt numb. I knew one thing: the Kings didn't deserve it. It was one unlucky bounce that went into the net. But, for some reason, I didn't care that they lost.

I then got up and paused at the door. I took a breath in and knocked on the door. 

The captain opened the door. I saw his eyes were watery.

I think this is why I I didn't care. I didn't care because I knew the players played their hardest and that's all I could ask for. 

No words were said as a greeting. I walked up to him and gave him a hug. I pulled away and said, "Still one Hell of a game, captain. You played well along with your team."

"Thanks, Sarah." Jonathan gave a slight smile.

"I walk in and he'll be to the left?" I smiled.

"Yep." Jonathan chuckled a little bit.

I left Jonathan and rushed to Brandon.

I gave him a huge hug and didn't let go. I whispered into his ear, "You had an awesome series, Brandon. You got several goals and assist. You played your heart out. You, Kane, and Andrew were the best line ever."

I pulled away and saw a smile across his face.

"We played our best and you know next year is another opportunity."

"This is why I lo- I mean like you." I could feel cheeks grow red hot.

I saw Brandon's cheeks grow pink, too.

Patrick Kane came around in that right moment.

"Hey there you two." Kane greeted, a hint of grief in his voice.

"Very nice job this season, Pat. You, Andrew, my my Manchild had to be the best line I've seen in awhile." 

"Thank you very much." Kane perked up a little bit.

"You know next year will bring a winning of the Stanley Cup, right?" I asked.

"Damn straight!" Patrick Kane and I then did our handshake. 

Yelling out "heart breaka" turned heads like the times before and we both laughed.

"Very nice to see you Sarah. Very nice job on the ice Saader." Pat fist bumped Brandon. "Maybe we'll get together or something?" 

"Definitly!" Brandon and I said.

I hugged Patrick goodbye and he was off. 

I then turned back to Brandon.

"Do you want to head back to your place?" I asked Brandon.

He stood up and grabbed my hand. "Let's go."

***

I laid on the couch and turned my head when I heard the latch of the door. Brandon came out in boxers and a black short sleeve. 

"Hey, you look nice Saader." I complemented.

"Thank you, Sarah." He said. "You always look fantastic." 

Brandon then kissed me on the cheek.

"What are your plans for the summer?" I asked Brandon.

"Go back to Pittsburgh for a week or two, spend time in Chicago, and whatever." He paused. "Of course doing everything with you."

I smiled.

"I have a few more games for soccer even though I'm done with school."

"I'll be there to watch you." He smiled. "Like the several times you did for me."

"Don't embarrass me, Saader." I gave him a playful shove in the chest.

"Oh god no! I'm just going to make a sign, bring a blow horn, and cheer as loud as I can." Brandon laughed upon my angry expression.

"If you do, I'll kill you."

"No you won't."

I sighed. "You're right."

 I kissed him gently on the lips and slowly feel asleep in his arms like the several times before.