Chapter Ten

The days past by; the wins, losses, the injuries, and the healthy scratch. I've been there for Brandon and he's been there for me.
Quickly the Playoffs came.
For the first round, the hawks were up against the Blues.
Brandon refused to leave me in Chicago when the team flew to St. Louis so I got to go and stay with the team. Luckily Chaunette was there, so I had the chance of surviving.
Brandon got tickets and they were right next to the ice. He got these type of seat for me every game.
The first two games, the Blackhawks lost, both in OT.
Luck was on our side for the third game and Corey got a shutout. Brandon almost scored but got the assist when Kruger scored on an empty netter.
The morning of the fourth game, I went over to Brandon's.
Before I got there I grabbed Donkin Donuts like Brandon did for me the morning after we met.
I got a hot coffee for him and an iced one for me.
I soon arrived to his apartment building, dashed through the door, and rushed to the elevator. I clicked the 32nd floor button and the elevator climbed the building.
I quickly walked to Brandon's apartment and knocked.
I heard footsteps thud on the floor and the door open.
Brandon's eyes gleamed as he saw me.
"Hey Sarah." His voice was soft.
"Hey there," I started. "I got you a coffee," I handed him the cup. Brandon's lips touched the opening and he sipped.
"Thank you." He smiled.
He beckoned me in and pointed towards the kitchen.
He pulled out a chair for me and grabbed a seat himself.
"How are you?" he asked, still groggy.
"I'm good." I answered with a smile. "You?"
The corners of his lips cured up. "I'm good, too."
He grabbed my hand and squeezed. Brandon then checked the time.
"I better get ready for the morning skate. Do you want to come along?" He asked.
"I'd love too!" I grinned and Brandon gave a chuckle.
"Okay, be right back!" He released my hand and walked away. I pulled out my phone to check my messages. I then felt a quick hit on my cheek. I was startled and looked up to see Brandon running off to his room. I laughed.
As I looked back to my phone, I heard a loud knock at the door. I slowly got up from my seat with my eyes locked on my screen. My feet moved carefully as I walked to the door; my eyes on the screen still. When I got to the door, it took a few times for my hand to grab the handle but I got it.
As I opened the door, I quickly turned off my phone and looked up to see good'o Leddy.
My face lit up.
"Ledpipe!"
I saw Nick laugh as he came in. He was wearing a casual outfit.
"What's up, Sarah?" His right hand out reached for a low-five, which I took. Then his left hand was out for another low-five, which a took again. Next, both of our right hands reached out for another low-five but we both pulled our hands away quickly, saying, "Aw nah!"
We both giggled.
"So, is your ManChild ready?" Nick asked.
I smiled. "He should-"
"Yep!" Brandon interrupted.
When he came by Nick and I, I elbowed him in the side.
"Hey! I need this body for the game tonight!" Brandon laughed.
I stuck out my tongue to Brandon.
Nick snickered.
"Don't worry Sarah. I'll get this guy during the skate."

***
That night was tense.
Chaunette's boy, Kane, and Bickell scored for the hawks. Yet, the Blues were able to put three up on the board as well.
Overtime.
Again.
Everyone in the United Center were on the edge of their seats as the puck dropped for OT. Every time the puck was shot by either team, a gasp came from the crowd.
But one puck that was shot, went in. Patrick Kane put another one up and the game was over. The hawks tied up the series 2-2!
I screamed along with Chicago and pounded on the glass. Saad made eye contact with me as the boys gathered around center ice. He gave a warm smile and a thumbs up. I returned him with a thumbs up and well. I also blew him a kiss.
I saw his warm smile turn into a grin.

***

I was at the door of the locker room shaking with excitement. It was amazing how the hawks were able to tie the series.
I knocked on the door and the captain answered the door.
"Ey there, Sarah!" Jonathan smiled and put out his hand for a shake. Instead, I gave him a big hug. Jonathan was a little startled at first, but he then wrapped his arms around me and laughed.
I pulled away saying, "Good game Jonny!"
"Don't say that to me, but the boys in the locker room. They are the ones who got the puck in the net."
I playfully punched Jonny in the arm.
"Modest as always." I said with a smirk. "Where's Saader Boy?"
Jonny pointed over to left of the room where I'm immediately saw Brandon. I thanked the captain and rushed over to Brandon.
"Great game!" I greeted Brandon, as he threw on a shirt.
"Uh. thank you." Brandon masked his disappointment with a smile. I know he has been wanting to get a goal in for awhile. I always have to remind him that without a pass from him to another teammate, a goal wouldn't have came in the first place.
I wrapped my arms around his neck and his hands pulled me in for a hug. I whispered to him, "You still did good, ManChild."
As I pulled away, my hand played with his mullet.
"The flow is still strong." I complemented Brandon. We both laughed.
I them felt a hand on my shoulder and a voice say, "Not as strong as mine."
I turned my head to the side to see Patrick Kane.
"My flow is much stronger than Saader's."
"Is it really a competition?" I asked smiling.
"No," Patrick started. "Because I have already won."
I shook my head laughing while Brandon just looked amused.
"Great game by the way, Pat." I said.
"Thank you." Kaner replied. Patrick then grabbed my hand pulled me in quickly, patted me on the back and I did it to him too. When we pulled away, the two of us yelled, "Heart Breaka!"
I looked around the locker room to see players and the media staring at us but then going back to what they were doing.
Patrick and I just shrugged.
"Alright, I better get going! I'll talk to you later, kids!" Patrick quickly walked off to his cubbie.
"Want to go?" Brandon asked as he gathered his possessions.
"Sure!" I answered. "Your place?"
"If you're good with it?"
"Yep!"
Brandon and I made our way out of the locker room, out of the UC, and into the night.