Lily and Adelina

~200 Years Ago~

Adelina sighed as she climbed up a mountain into a cave. Such an exhausting climb just to sneak into town for some food. As she stepped inside, hanging up her cloak, she heard a rock skid across the ground. She immediately froze, bringing out Prison Guard.

"WHO IS THERE?! SHOW YOURSELF!" She shouted holding her sword up. The fairy froze as a small raven haired human girl peaked around a rock.

"A...a little girl?" Adelina questioned lowering her sword. Adelina gasped and shot forward as the little girl collapsed. She held the girl in her arms knitting her eyebrows together.

"Who are you..."

Adelina took care of the small child until she woke up. From what the fairy gathered, the young girl woke up at the bottom of the mountain with no memory besides that her name was Lily. The girl was fairly young, about five to seven but they couldn't tell for sure. She spoke in broken sentences, not able to speak well.

"Name?" She asked curiously after a while. Adelina looked at her with a sweet smile.
"I'm Adelina."
"Ad...ade..adina?
"Ad-uh-lina"
"Adina?"

Adelina smiled to herself and ruffled the little girl's head.

"Call me whatever you remember sweetie."
"Mommy!"
Adelina reeled back in shock as she heard that come from the girl's mouth. Lily was now looking up at her with a huge smile on her face, reaching towards the fairy.

"Mommy! Mommy!" While Adelina was still young for a fairy, she teared up and launched herself towards the girl. Wrapping her up in her arms and holding her on her lap.

"That's right Lily....I'm Mommy."

Adelina and Lily lived together in the cave like a family for two months. Adelina taught Lily how to speak better and how to take care of herself.

One day Adelina smiled warmly at Lily as she picked flowers in a field at the base of their mountain home.

"Mommy mommy look! It's a lily just like me isn't that great?!" Lily shouted, squealing in excitement. Adelina hummed and nodded with a bright smile and began to walk towards her adopted daughter.

"My goodness my wonderful lily pad. It's so gorgeous!" Adelina cooed crouching down to look at it better. It was a beautiful orange lily with a yellow center. She hummed thoughtfully twirling it around in her fingers. It reminded her of Harlequin. When she first found Lily she was still adamant on finding her king, but when she began to grow attached to the idea of a family after five hundred years of loneliness searching for him with no reward, she decided to just settle down.

"You miss him huh mommy? Your friend?" Lily asked and Adelina smiled. "Yes honey I do. But my little darling makes it all better." Adelina said pushing hair out of Lily's eyes to kiss her forehead. She had glanced up with her lips pressed to Lily's forehead and that's when she noticed a man with a bow an arrow in his hands. Adelina had no time to pull her daughter away as the arrow infused with magic energy flew across the field and into her daughter's back, going through her heart and in and out of Adelina's torso.

Adelina's eyes went wide as everything went into slow motion. She fell from her crouch and onto her knees as Lily gasped in pain, sputtering out blood as she fell to her side.

"I knew I saw some beautiful wings that I could sell. Too bad the kid got in the way. Maybe I can sell her to the savages." The man snickered walking towards them.

"No. No Lily. Stay with mommy. Stay with mommy baby." Adelina cried dragging herself towards Lily. "C'mon lily pad. Please. Please stay with me." She pleaded holding Lily to her chest. Lily lifted a weak hand to Adelina's cheek.

"Smile mommy...please?"
"No! I don't want this! I can't be happy without you!"
"Go find your friend mommy. I'll...be waiting...for you.." Adelina screamed out sobs of agony as Lily fell limp. She heard the scum finally reach her and she stood, raising her hand towards him, her head down.

"You...murdered...my daughter."
"Daughter? Yer a fairy lady. You're not good for anything to humans but your wings."
Adelina's head shot up, her red eyes burning with anger, crocodile tears dripping down her face and dripping onto her now lost daughter.

"YOU'LL PAY!" She screamed and wrapped him up in Full Body Imprisonment and caused a needle vine to shoot through his forehead. She sneered at him as he fell to the ground dead.

She then dropped to her knees once more clutching her stomach. She grew weary and fell to lay beside her daughter, beginning to hum a song softly, a song she would sing to Elaine when she was upset. You Are My Sunshine. Only at the end she altered it.  The young fairy was ready to die if she could be with her daughter. She would simply just bleed out.

Go find your friend mommy.
Go find your friend
Go find your
Go find
Go..
Go...

Lily wanted her mommy to go on. To keep living. With her last bit of strength left in her body, Adelina pushed herself up and laid a hand on her stomach. Moss sprouted from her hand and wrapped itself around her torso, spores slowly healing.

"I'm sorry I didn't react enough to do this for you baby...I'm sorry I couldn't be a good mommy." Adelina whispered, leaning over Lily pressing her lips to her forehead one last time. She heard shouting in the distance, the hunter's group. Adelina stood hovering her hand over her daughter's body, and created a beautiful casket out of orange lilies, moss and branches. She controlled the vines from their cave to lift the casket into their home and Adelina's body slowly shifted into Lily's.

"I'll go on Lily Pad. I'll go on for us and I'll find Harlequin. And one day I'll see you again and we can be a family." She spoke definitely and ran off.

~Current Day~

Adelina blinked her eyes, looking dully at the orange lily she was twirling in her fingers. The trial round just finished and she was sitting on King's Chastifole as Ban signed himself, King and Meliodas up for the semi-finals.

"You okay Ad- Lily?" King asked floating over to her.

She hummed and nodded, she looked up at gave a soft, sad smile.
"I'm wonderful." King nodded, even if he didn't believe her and he started floating away.

I kept my promise baby. I hope you can see me. I'll make you proud. I hope you don't mind waiting a while for mommy to come see you.

The fairy king halted his movements as Adelina's voice entered his mind once more. He turned to look at her, watching her fondly fiddle with the small flower in her hand, swinging her feet back and forth and humming a song she used to sing to Elaine centuries ago when she was upset.

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You keep me happy
When the skies are grey
You'll never know dear
How much I love you
Please don't my Lily away..

His eyes widened as he pieced together why this was her human form. Adelina....

You're so strong...

Adelina looked up and gave him a teary smile.

Please don't take my Lily away.

Word Count: 1247

A/N: I know there wasn't anything about the Vaizel Fighting Festival in here but I really wanted to show some more into Adelina's journey from when she was looking for King. She was with Lily about the same time King was with Diane! Anyways I hope you like it!