{7} Little Amelia

***

***

3rd POV:

Dean and Sam were staring down at a briefcase, but someone was missing. That someone happened to be Amy who was laying on one of the beds asleep. She had her thumb in her mouth and was holding onto the blanket tightly. No one knew why she was acting the way she was and for some reason she would only respond to Little Amelia now. The boys were thinking it had to do something with the weird stuff happening lately. 

"What the hell does a demon got to do with this, anyway?" Dean asked Sam looking to him.

Sam sighed, "Believe me, I got no idea." Sam looked to be a little shaken up and thoughtful, but after what he just did, why wouldn't he be?

"You okay?" Dean questioned.

Sam turned to Dean and nodded, "Yeah, yeah. I'll be all right."

"Let's crack her open. What's the worst that could happen, right?" Dean asked. Sam and Dean started to move closer to the briefcase. They placed their thumbs on the buttons and waited. After a second or two, the pressed down the button and the briefcase flew open. A bright light shined brightly and the boys looked away from the light as it died down.

"What the hell was that?" Dean asked when the light died down completely.

"It's a human soul," The boys snapped toward the voice to see Cas standing there with a burger in his hand. "It's starting to make sense." Cas took a bite of his burger.

"Now, what about that makes sense?" Sam questioned.

"And when did you start eating?" Dean added looking at the burger in his hand.

"Exactly. My hunger and the way," Cas looked back at Amy who was still fast asleep, "Amelia has been acting- it's a clue, actually." Cas explained.

"For what?" Sam and Dean both asked.

Cas walked toward toward the boys, "This town is not suffering from some love-gone-wrong effect. It's suffering from hunger. Starvation, to be exact--Specifically...famine."

"Famine? As- as in the horseman?" Sam asked stuttering a little.

"Great. Th- th-that's freaking great." Dean commented sarcastically.

"I thought famine meant starvation, like as in, you know, food." Sam said to Cas.

Cas nodded, "Yes. Absolutely. But not just food. I mean, everyone seems to be starving for something--Sex, attention, drugs, love... And in Amy's case, she is starving to be a child for some reason." That part confused the boys, why would Amy want to be act like a child? They'll have to ask her when she is herself again.