Chapter 4

5 hours later, I am standing in my parlor with all my belongings packed into 4 suitcases. I am crying still. I hear the bell ring and I lean forward to open the door. Logan stands there, his eyes red and puffy. He looks horrid, as if he had been crying.

"Are you ready?" He asks even though he sees all my belongings packed and ready to leave dear California. He picks up 2 of the suitcases and carries them to his car, placing them gently into the trunk. He then comes back and scoops up the other two. Finally he comes back and lifts me up dropping me into the passenger seat.

"I'm really going to miss you." He states, a tear glistening in his eye, as he shoves his key into the ignition. The car roars to life and we speed down the highway to the airport.

****************************************************************************************************

After 2 hours of sitting, exhausted in waiting area, my plane arrived. I started to cry again, sobbing about how I was going to miss Logan so much.

He pulled me into a tight hug and I felt his tears wetting my hair, "I love you, Brooklyn."

My mouth pulled up at the corners, forming a small smile, "I love you too, Logan. You're always gonna be my best friend. You're like a twin brother to me."

He frowned and repeated himself, "No, Brooklyn. I like like you. I LOVE you." He emphasized the word "love".

"Oh." I sighed, "I'm not exactly sure I'm ready for a relationship right now Logan. And I really have to go otherwise I will miss my flight."

Logan's frowned deepened and he said sadly, "I'll wait for you Brooke. Bye, love. I'll miss you. Skype me everyday?"

I nodded as tears poured out of my eyes like waterfalls. I turned around to see a small line of people trickling into the gate.

I spun back to Logan and ran into his arms, "I'm going to miss you!" I sobbed.

He kissed my nose and pushed me towards the gate. "I'll miss you too. Now, go on love."

****************************************************************************************************

Almost a half a day later, I woke up to the sound of an airplane roaring, a huge case of jet lag and my ears wouldn't stop popping. "We are now arriving in London. Please buckle your seatbelt." An automatic voice recited as the "Buckle Up" light flashed overhead. The plane landed smoothly on the runway and we were ushered off. I grabbed my carry on bag and followed the crowd out. I was greeted by a little baby waddling up to me and grabbing a hold of my lanky legs.

"Hello there!" I cooed, "Where's your mama and papa?"

I looked up to find a large pair of arms scooping the little baby up and hoisting her onto his hip, "Good job Lux! You found her!" the man cooed at the small child.

He turned to me and simply stated, "I am your Uncle Paul. You may simply call me Paul. You must hurry. We have to get back to the flats right away." I nodded. I followed Paul to the conveyor belt that carried the luggage in circles. I quickly grabbed my pink suitcase set and continued to follow Paul towards the security line. We passed a line of people and the security scanned me first. I looked at Paul questioning, but he waved it off as people stared daggers at me.

I followed Paul back to a Range Rover. Paul stuck Lux in the carseat next to me and strapped her in hastily. Lux waved her pudgy fingers at me as she smiled wide.

I felt like I had recognized this odd man like I had seen him else where, besides our rare family gatherings. Was he famous or something?