Chapter 13

• Dedicated to Sandy Hook Elementary

Hey Rosies,

I''ll dedicate my previous chapter to @KaylaLindsay.

I'm dedicating this chapter to those affected by the Sandy Hook Elementary massacre.

To the survivors, to the teachers who died fighting, to the staff and faculty, to the children who will be missing more than one Christmas, to the families that have lost loved ones, to the children who have lost classmates and friends, to all the heroes who died that Friday morning. I'm so sorry to all of you.

@KaylaLindsay had guessed the song in my previous chapter correctly. It was Like I Would by Megan and Liz Mace.

On a slightly brighter note: Yay! We all survived the zombie apocalypse. But to scare our grandchildren one day, we should tell them the story of rebuilding our lives after the zombie attacks. Yeah?

Sorry I didn't get to upload sooner. But since it's my holiday break, I'll be uploading more! A few days ago, I uploaded Broken Tears, so please check it out after reading!

I hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas if I don't upload before then.

Two favorite songs of the week, Feel This Moment and the Live While We're Young Remix done by Jump Smokers, which is the YouTube video in the side bar..

What's your song of the week?

Now, go get reading. Don't forget to vote and comment afterwards!

"M'am. We have arrived in California." I opened my eyes and saw a blonde flight attendant staring back at me.

"Okay, thanks." I forced myself to smile as I unfastened my seat belt and stood up in the aisle. I reached down and picked up my tote, then I stood on my tiptoes and swung my hand around, trying to find the my duffel strap. I mentally slapped myself for pushing it back so far.

"Would you like some help with that?" I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turned around to find myself face to face with a pair of gorgeous, deep brown orbs.

"Stop it, Brooklyn. You just left Niall because you weren't ready for a relationship. You can't go liking this guy." My common sense scolded.

"But, being friends with him can't hurt!" My heart cried.

"No. You won't be friends with him. Unless he tries to be friends with you." My common sense said firmly.

I recognized gorgeous eyes to be the boy sitting across the aisle from me. Suddenly, I found myself staring and I looked away. A deep chuckle arose in his throat. I flushed bright red and nodded. He grabbed my duffel and handed it to me. I grabbed it, muttered a quick thank you and raced down the aisle towards the bridge.

"Wait up!" the brown haired beauty called after me. "Duffel girl!" That was his nickname for me? I spun around and placed a hand on my hip. "Ooh. We've got a sassy one over here." He laughed. His laugh was adorable. It was like a throaty, chuckle.

"You think you're funny!" I laughed lightly.

"Yes, I do think I'm funny, nameless girl." Ohmigod. Was he flirting with me?

"I do have a name." I replied curtly, before heading towards the nearby Starbucks.

"Hey! Hey! Wait up!" Chuckles, yeah, I did nickname him that, chased after me.

"One caramel macchiato with 2% milk please." I handed the cashier my credit card.

"No. I'll pay." The guy upstairs was really liking me today! The boy handed the cashier his credit card and gave me mine back. "But, I can't pay unless I get to know your name."