Chapter 11

Hey rosies (I think I have finally settled on a name for my fans.),

I really hope you like this chapter, it was a little rushed, because I felt obliged to upload seeing as I haven't uploaded since like last month. And I am very very sorry. Scheduling has been very tight lately but it is starting to clear up and I will be uploading more frequently. I have had loads of marching band practices leading up to the Yamaha Cup and Montclair State Festival.

Have I stated how much I love my little rosie posies? You guys are so amazing and I would like to thank you for reading my story, giving me feedback and supporting me. So now please go enjoy Chapter 11!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I have to clarify several things, Miss Higgins. There will be no photography or video taking of any sorts while in this recording room. You will not repeat any of the lyrics or anything said here. Oh, and, Miss Higgins, we do not take any foolishness lightly. I do not want you talking, humming, waving, or making faces at the lads while they are working. We have very strict rules, and just because you are a visitor does not give you any clearance. Are we clear?" Simon's lecture had me shaking in my Converse. I nodded swiftly and he ushered me into the recording area.

Simon put his index finger to his lips, signaling me to be quiet. The boys each placed a pair of headphones over their ears and Simon cued the music.

"Hey girl I'm waiting on ya, waiting on ya. Come on and let me sneak you out. And have a celebration, a celebration. The music up the windows down." Liam's strong voice began.

"Yeah, we'll be doing what we do. Just pretending that we're cool. And we know it too. Yeah, we'll keep doing what we do. Just pretending that we're cool. So tonight…" Zayn's voice harmonized.

Suddenly five voices chorused together as one, each voice its own sound, each having its own description, "Let's go crazy, crazy, crazy till we see the sun. I know we only met but let's pretend it's love. And never, never, never stop for anyone. Tonight let's get some and live while we're young. And live while we're young. Tonight let's get some.

And live while we're young."

Simon cut off the music, and four boys stepped out of the booth, grins stretched across their faces. I smiled.

"Sounds good!" I approved.

Liam shook his head. "Na-uh. Sounds more like a 'Harry' song. The typical guy flirts with girl! I mean I have to sing come one and let me sneak you out. Not cool. Not cool at all." Liam shook his head again in disapproval. But I could tell he was just being immature.

Harry punched his arm. "Let's get this straight, man. I am not a flirt. Capiche?"

"You lads can go take a break now. I heard that the cafeteria was serving this brill carrot cake." Paul said with a smile.

"CARROT CAKE!" Louis trampled us and galloped towards the door. "Who's coming with me?"

I was pretty sure that we scared the whole building, us being a bunch of teenagers, almost adults, tramping through the recording studios like little kids.  Honestly, it sort of scared me too. It's kind of awkward to be sixteen turning seventeen in several weeks and still be galloping down a hallway, in public.

"Hey Brook! I grabbed you a mocha cappuccino, I saw they sold them and remembered that you love them." Niall blushed profusely.

Louis threw himself in the empty chair next to me, throwing air hearts at Niall and faking smooches in the air. He looked ridiculous. "So, Nialler, did you tell her?"

"Tell 'er what?" I questioned in my Californian accent.

"Nothing." Niall stared at his feet, his face turning beet red.

"Uh-huh. Sure." I rolled my eyes, my voice dripping with sarcasm. "C'mon. It seriously can't be that bad."

"Yeah, Nialler, it can't be that bad." Zayn sighed, imitating Niall's adorable accent as he pulled a chair up next to Niall, clapping his hand down on Niall's shoulder. Niall flinched and cowered even further down in his chair, ducking his head from Liam's assault.

"Fine. I'll tell her. But you lads gotta leave." Niall sighed reluctantly.

Slowly the three boys disappeared out the door to the cafeteria. I turned my head to the sound of the door slamming behind them, and I saw Harry leaning against a wall, his nose buried deep in a book, or so I thought. He was just disguising the tears that were forming in the corners of his eyes. But I didn't know that.

*Harry's POV*

As I stood, nose in my book, leaning against the cold, stone wall, I saw her look at me, and I felt little flutters in my stomach. It was like butterflies flapping their wings, trying to escape. From the sight of Niall hunched over in a chair in front of her and the three boys taunting him,  I knew, it was that time. He was about to say it. The "it" that had caused me to avoid both Brooklyn and Niall all day. It was almost impossible; she was like a magnet, my magnet. She had been since she walked in the door to our flat that cold and dreary Thursday morning.

The three boys left the cafeteria, and her eyes followed them out, she looked at me and smiled. I tried to smile back but the tears kept threatening to spill over, and as is, the tiny little book; Jane Eyre, was not covering my face very well, and Niall was starting to catch on.

I had been dreading this day since Niall had announced to the lads that he liked Brooklyn. But it wasn't as if he hadn't already guessed. I don't know how she hadn't caught on already.

So now, I stood in a corner, pretending to be so consumed in a book, when really I was just standing there to hide. Hide my tears. Hide my broken heart. Hide from everything. I didn't want to have to go back to recording, I would have to pretend like I was perfectly fine, not a care in the world. Unfortunately, I had every care in the world.

I knew, I just knew that she felt the same sparks that I did when she first saw me. We have this connection. And I'm not about to let Niall Horan ruin it.

*Niall's POV*

"So… what is it?" She paused cautiously, "What's this big secret that everyone but me is in on?" She smiled warmly.

I looked around to check and make sure no one was in earshot. I saw Harry crying in the corner. Fine. If he wants to hear me say it, be my guest. If he wants to be there and witness it, so be it. But it isn't my fault when his heart gets broken again. And did he really think that he could hide behind that skimpy book?

"Well Brooklyn… I kind of really like you…" I stuttered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow... so who do you want Brooklyn to end up with? Niall or Harry? I promise you, Niall isn't going to end up like that in the rest of the story, I just felt like his part needed to come across like that right now in order to keep the story interesting.

Please, please, please, comment, vote and have your friends check out my stories.The more fans, comments, and votes I recieve, the quicker I will upload a new chapter! 

And while you wait anxiously for chapter 12 to be uploaded, please check out my other story, Broken Tears. I promise you, it is totally worth it.

Yours truly,

Destiny

P.S. - How do you like your new nickname? Rosies. Or do you like Rosie Posies better? LOL. Comment below!