Chapter 7

We had went out for dinner; Nando's, as Niall had insisted that I had never been to a Nando's. We came back completely knackered, so we all headed off separately to our bedrooms.

I scurried into my private bathroom and peeled my clothes off. I stepped into the shower and turned the water on hot.

30 minutes later, I stood in front of my vanity mirror, wrapped up in a pink terrycloth robe. The room was filled with steam and I felt all my pores open up. It was so relaxing. I padded across my room and into my closet. I closed the door quietly behind me and reached for the light pink ribbed racer back tank top and slipped it over my head and pulled on plaid purple pajama pants. I flipped the light switch off and flopped down on my bed. Suddenly I had an idea.

I tiptoed down the hallway and to the foyer, where my trunk and suitcases were sitting. I reached for the trunk and tugged at its handle. I lugged it up the stairs and back to my bedroom, except, it didn't go as smooth as I hoped it would; it clanked noisily as I pulled it down the hallway. It scraped against the walls and clawed at the floor. I sighed. "Does nothing ever go my way?" I muttered uselessly to myself as Liam poked his head out of his bedroom.

"Is everything okay?" Liam looked between me and my gigantic trunk, "Would you like some help?"

But before I can answer him he has the bloody thing in his arms and is kicking my bedroom door open. Gently, he sets it down at the foot of my bed, "Do you need help opening it?" He chuckles as he lifts the lid up. He picks up my old battered guitar case, "You play?"

I nod my head and take the guitar case from him and set it down on my bed. I unlatch the locks and tenderly take the pale acoustic guitar out of its worn case. I carry it out onto the balcony and I sit down on the ground, placing the guitar safely in my lap. I drew in a sharp breath of the crisp wintery air. "Care to come out here with me?" I smiled and patted the ground next to me.

"Only if you play for me." Liam stood in the door way and pretended to pout.

I grinned and lifted my guitar into playing position. I strummed a few quick chords. I took in a breath of air and started to strum the introduction for Superstar by Taylor Swift. It was one of my favorite songs at the moment, along with The A Team by Ed Sheeran.

This is wrong but

I can't help but feel like

There ain't nothing more out there.

Misty morning comes again and I can't

Help but wish I could see your face

And I knew from the first note played I'd be breaking all my rules to see you

You smile that beautiful smile

And all the girls in the front row scream your name

So dim that spotlight, tell me things like

I can't take my eyes off of you

I'm no one special, just another wide-eyed girl

Who's desperately in love with you

Give me a photograph to hang on my wall

Superstar

Good morning loneliness

Comes around when I'm not dreaming about you

When my world wakes up today you'll be in another town

And I knew when I saw your face I'd be

Counting down the ways to see you

And you smile that beautiful smile