PROLOGUE

Frankly, Levi was a fascinating guy. In school, you would find him slouching on the corner seat at the back of the classroom. It wasn't a rare sight in the afternoon to see him disappear with his lunch, to a secluded spot in the playground.

He didn't seem to have any friends. Then again he didn't have any bullies either. It was as though he was only a wallflower in every other student's life. It didn't help that he liked to skunk around in the shadows minding his own business. If you looked often enough you might notice that he traveled extensively on his skateboard and never took the school bus.

She couldn't help but see him every day. She knew where he studied and what he ate and where he lived. In all honesty, she wasn't trying to be creepy...she was only curious.

They had a connection, even if she was the only one who seemed to remember.

He had messy dark brown hair that curled around his bespectacled eyes. When he sat on his desk and tried to write, the tresses fell like a curtain over his face, obscuring his vision. You could hear him grumble, but not see him brush them away. He rarely smiled, but on a couple of photos way back on his abandoned Facebook page, he had a couple of cute dimples adorning his cheeks. It made her heart skip a beat every time she went back to gaze at them.

It was almost laughable, how much time she spent scouring over stolen CCTV footage and old school academic records just to garner enough knowledge about the one guy she deemed to be worth the trouble.

It irked her to have only this much data about him. She wanted more accurate information than what she got simply watching from afar. She needed to get closer...maybe meet him for real.

But she was terrified of speaking to him. Terrified of telling him she'd liked him for years and beyond horrified at the thought of him finding out that she had basically stalked him all these years. The mere idea of him even knowing that she still pined for him mortified her.

Time, however, was running out. They were both in their senior year now. It terrified her a thousand times more to think that she missed her chance just because she was afraid.

She needed to at least try, she needed to muster up her courage and for once in her life do what her heart wants her to. Whimsical decisions are almost never a good idea.

But just this time, maybe, just maybe it would all work out in the end.

Thanks for reading :)