Chapter 73: The Hunt

Aaron Hart

Legion breaks into smaller groups as they search the building for me.  One of the groups, led by Simmons, heads to the main office. 

“Stay calm,” he says in the distant voice of Legion.

The three avatars of Legion round up all the office staff and lock them in the vice principal’s office. 

One of the avatars starts to access the computer system in the office.  They look up which classroom I should be in.

A roving band of Legion is directed to investigate the room where I  normally have class.  It’s empty.

Another one of the groups has discovered a wall of light protecting a different class.  They think that I’m producing the field from within.  I’m not there, but Justine and Maggie are inside the room.

Legion knows how to break down the wall, but some of the avatars are hesitant.  Some of Legion’s embodiments are very old and have minor sway over the collective mind.  Simmons is one of these minds.  He believes in the necessity of the cause, the angels can never gain full control of the Sword again, but he wants to minimize the bloodshed. 

Legion starts to gather all of the students who failed to make it to a classroom.  So far, there are five of them.  The avatars gather them up in front of the barrier.  The students need to be afraid.  They are lined up on their knees while guns are being held to their heads.  If it has to, Legion will break down the barrier by breaking down the angel inside.

Simmons is still hoping that this may end without tragedy.  The speakers throughout the school boom with his voice.  “As of yet, nobody has been seriously injured within this school.”  Obviously Legion isn’t counting Anne.  “We don’t want anyone to die.  We ask the Sword to surrender or there will be blood and there will be death.  You have five minutes.”